Prologue

A rough knock was heard in the room. In unison, feminine gasps tore through the air.

"Phor!*" exclaimed one of the girls, taking the arm of the human being that was on the ground. Her own brother. "Phor!".

"Enough, child"

"No! Leave Gulf alone!"

"Why do you have to defend that useless omega?" he spat violently. Gulf, who was now in the arms of his sister Grace, whimpered.

"Gulf is not useless!" she snapped back.

"He's not? He's a fucking omega!" replied his father. "And one good day, Grace, one fucking good day you won't have the same luck, and my alpha will get out of control."

The second woman answered altered: "Are you threatening Grace, Bon?!"

"Shut up, Vera."

"Don't raise your voice to mom!"

And that was the last straw. Bon stamped his hand on Grace's right cheek, who released the omega letting him stumble on the ground: "Shut up damn it! I am the alpha of this house, and I do what I want," he yelled.

Later, when Grace and Gulf were in the room tending to the wounds her father had given him, the older one sighed and asked:

"What happened today?"

The omega sigh and looked at his sister with bulging eyes: "Nothing."

"Phor is violent, but he would never hit you for no reason. What happened?" insisted the brunette.

After several seconds, the boy pouted and said: "Phor sent me to collect wood for next week's bonfire, but..."

"But you couldn't get any, right?" replied his sister, letting out a sigh. "Phor should get over it."

"Get over what? The fact that his son is a useless omega?" said Gulf. Then he snorted.

"Hey!" called Grace. "I won't allow you to talk about yourself like that."

"It's the only truth," the omega admitted. "I'm not good for anything Phor wants. I am a disgrace to the family."

Grace took a deep breath and removed all the first aid supplies from the little red box on her nightstand. Then, he moved to the side of Gulf and took him in his arms.

"You are not. Do you know why Mae* always says that the Moon Goddess blessed her when she had you?" Gulf shook his head and Grace continued

"It's because being an omega and a biological male is rare."

"Weird means...that it's bad?" asked Gulf hesitantly.

"No, Gulf. Rare is different but not necessarily bad. You are unique and special. Or at least here in our villa."

Gulf settled down again, letting go of his sister's lap and looking at her with a frown.

"And what's so special about being me? I'm not strong enough to do the jobs that Phor wants..."

"It's true. You're not physically strong, or agile, or..."

Gulf lowered his head. Immediately, Grace grabbed his chin and brought his head back to hers.

"But you are brave, kind, and intelligent. You have a lot of inner strength. But you know what the best of all is, little brother?"

Gulf did not answer, but his look encouraged Grace to continue.

"The best of all is your value. It doesn't depend on your second gender. While being an omega sets you up for certain things, you don't hang on that to being who you are.