XXVIII

I felt tired but I couldn't fall asleep. I layed on my bed once more trying to fall asleep. Maybe tomorrow there will be more answers. I slowly closed my eyes trying to find some sleep.

I knew it was a bad idea to go.

I told him I felt something bad was going to happen.

Why didn't I tell him not to do it?

Why didn't he listen to me?

Anger and regret mixed with loss and pain.

I missed him in ways I didn't know existed. It was love. I will never understand why fate or life or timing gave me everything I ever wanted just to take it all away from me in a single moment.

I wanted to go back to a time before it was too late. The world seemed quiet now that he wasn't around which made it seem like I'd been forever ago when we walked out of the car into the hotel. We'd spent so much time envisioning a future together that now that he's gone it all feels fake.

I heard a vibrating noise from the small table next to my bed. I didn't have the energy to pick up my phone but it kept buzzing. Someone was trying to call me. I slowly grabbed my phone and saw an unknown number. No name. No number. I decided to ignore it and set my phone back to the table.

This wasn't the first time random people have tried to call me, usually its people that call with ghostface voices trying to scare me or just random people who always have the wrong number.

My phone finally stopped ringing until a notification popped up. I was hesitant to look at the notification but I decided to check. It was the same strange number. It was a voicemail.