"i'm sorry," he pulled back from her and she blinked at him confusion. "what..."

the woman next to him looked at her in fear and el tried to hold her hand out to touch him. "it's me... el. don't you remember?"

"we— we have to go," the woman cut into, arms around his before dragging him away nervously, leaving el confused.

"MIKE!" she shouted after him before she began to cry, dropping down to her knees. "it's me... it's me... it's me," she sobbed, covering her ears.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" she hit the handle of the knife on the gravel ground before scraping the sharp side over her skin. "it's me... remember me... demons. demons! EVIL! THEY TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME!" she stood up in a hurry and stormed off. "EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING!" she clawed on her own skin as she continued to cry, mascara smudging along with her makeup.

"EVIL!" she stomped her feet repeatedly as she arrived back at the apartment. "DANTE! DANTE!" she cried loudly, fits of sobs escaping as she banged on their front door. "blaze..."

the door barged open and dante bent to her, instantly bringing her into the house as she cried against his chest. "i saw HIM! but he— he didn't know me. HE DIDN'T! THE EVIL DID THIS!" she broke down in his hold as he hushed her, leading her to the couch and held her gently.

"it's okay... are you sure you saw him?" he asked and she nodded, hiccuping. "y— yes! but he— didn't KNOW me! what's wrong with me..." she cried, covering her ears as a pained scream escaped her.

"get out of my head!" she sobbed loudly, clawing at the cuts on her thighs.

"hey, hey!" he stopped her from doing so as she cried loudly, black streaming down her face. "no one understands! NO ONE GETS THE EVILS IM REMOVING!"

she stood in a hurry and saw the other three she was searching for, falling into their arms instantly. "i HATE THIS!"

"shh..." her eyes closed and one cupped her face. "it'll be over soon. don't listen to the voices, don't follow the pain,"

"i can't," she grasped onto her heart and breathed heavily as dante came over and helped her up. "time for bed,"

"no... the evil..."

"the evil won't get you. you remove evil, el," he led her back to her bedroom and tucked her under the covers, gently brushing her hair as she whimpered. "i wish... this will be over... i feel my mind— my mind scrambles,"

"no, your mind is fine," he shook his head but she shook it back. "my mind is not of human. no one understands. i feel pain too,"

"i understand, el. i always do," he told her gently as she blinked away her tears. "rest. we will talk later when you feel better."

she watched him carefully. "i'll never feel better." she touched her face. "do i look scary?"

he shook his head with a gentle smile. "no... but do you want me to wipe it off?"

she looked down and shrugged weakly as he looked around, searching around her desk before finding the makeup wipes.

he sat down on the edge of the bed and tipped her chin up. "you have to understand that the world doesn't believe and understand you. they'll never understand, el. they're scared of you,"

"but... i'm not scary. i'm not evil,"

"of course not. are you certain it was him?"

she nodded frantically. "dante," she cried. "you have to believe me! it was him! it smelled like him,"