Chapter Eighteen! Jay x Ride!

A pregnant and abandoned dog. Yura remembered the day when Daniel and she accidentally met Crystal being bullied by a dog.

Yura decided to let fate do its work and just let her feet get her somewhere. familiar surroundings that she just saw a few days ago.

Her feet bring her to where that abandoned dog is. Someone's figure, someone's back, was facing her.

"Fate really likes to play games."

It seems like Daniel's feet also brought him by chance, or he already planned to go back here and there to take care of the pregnant dog.

"Hey! Eat the food and not my hand."

The dog seems to be thinking that Crystal's hand is food. How funny and cute at the same time!

It seems to her that she was the only one who didn't bring food for the pregnant dog. She's shy about it.

Both Daniel and Crystal brought food for the dog, while her Never mind...

"Crystal?"

Daniel called Crystal's name. They both don't seem to notice Yura, who was only a few steps away from them.

"Ah, well, it seems she's a stray dog... I brought some food."

Even though both Daniel and Crystal ate, the dog still wouldn't let her. Guard down.

"Crystal, have you come to see the dog too?"

Crystal was staring at Daniel while thinking, This handsome guy's weird." Does he like dogs? ...

Yura walks towards them.

She opens her backpack to reveal a still sealed bottle of water.

"Daniel, you dummy. Dogs need water, you know?"

-

"Her name is Enu. Her owners dumped her and moved, I guess."

Crystal explained while introducing Enu. She sighs, letting Enu chew on her before proceeding to finish what she was saying.

"She's very wary of humans but seems nice. She doesn't bite hard."

Enu continues to chew Crystal's hand, but instead of getting angry, Crystal is more on the worried side.

"Not my hand. Eat the food!"

A sudden thought popped into Daniel's head: Crystal is really kind. Why was she like that before? It seems like she needs a friend, though.

He was also in the same position as hers.

Daniel's line of thought was quickly cut when he heard Yura's voice.

"About the broiled fist-"

"Daniel and Yura, right?"

Crystal cut Yura and asked if Yura and Daniel were their names.

"Thanks for your help, but I don't need any sympathy."

Crystal's voice wasn't like the one she was using earlier. It was kind and gentle; her voice was like a mother's lullaby to a baby.

"This girl is fighting alone, and I can do that as well. I'm not as weak as you think."

Crystal added while smiling. A genuine smile, unlike the awkward smile that she had shown others before just to appear normal.

"If someone keeps helping me, I will probably want to rely on them"

Suddenly, Yura's heart started pounding loudly. It was beating so fast that she felt like it would pop out of her chest.

-

They say love cannot be expressed by words, which is most certainly true for the blonde haired boy named Jay Hong.

The best way for Jay to express his feelings to Yura was not by empty flattery words but by action.

Words cannot simply express the feelings that he felt.

Jay saw Yura's figure running towards him.

Is it just him, or are their really pink petals flying behind Yura? It makes him flustered and blushing.

"Sorry Jay, there's a sudden meeting, and I was told I was needed there."

He and Yura were having a video call when someone called Yura about a sudden meeting.

He knows DG wasn't always beside Yura because of the mountains of projects he has, and almost all of them are overseas.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, Jay. Why don't we eat later? I know a restaurant nearby, and they serve your favorite dish."

Yura apologized while offering to eat with him in a restaurant later.

It was already evening; Yura could have just commuted, but he insisted and offered her a ride. He couldn't just let Yura be alone in a street in the middle of the night.

"Really? Then I'll treat you."

Jay smiles before giving Yura a helmet before starting his motorcycle's engine.

-

Yura and Jay finally arrived at the building where the meeting is being held.

"Thank you for the ride, and don't forget our little date!"

Yura gives the helmet back before running towards the building while waiting, but all of a sudden she quickly runs back towards Jay.

"Kitae... Jay, you do know Kitae's also at the meeting, right?"

Yura looks at her feet before sneaking a peek at Jay's reaction. He doesn't seem to mind at all.

"Do you really not mind?"

Jay Hong doesn't really mind. In fact, he was quite thankful for Kitae and the others in attending the meeting just now.

He doesn't have that much time with Yura outside the school, but because of this sudden meeting, he actually managed to ride with Yura on his motorcycle and manages to snag a date.

He knows that Yura just thinks of their date as a date for friends, but he knows that what he was dreaming of and what he was thinking in his mind wasn't just a date for friends. He wants to take the chance and confess his true feelings to Yura, hoping that she might feel the same way. However, he is also afraid of ruining their friendship if she doesn't reciprocate his feelings and also because she already have DG.

It was just his wishful thinking; he knows that, but...

"Gotta go! And again, thank you for the ride!"

Yura's silhouette slowly disappears with each and every step she takes.

-

Yura was to take another step when a figure stopped her from doing so.

"It's been a while, Mizu."

That voice that she hated the most. No, she doesn't just hate the owner of the voice; she despises him with every fiber of her being.

She knows he doesn't have anything to do with all the bad things that happened to him, but he was just in the middle of them.

"Do you know how much I wanted to find you? Why don't we continue our previous fight?"