Chapter Eight! The Smile of Someone Who's Inlove!

The stalker guy stands up. His face was swollen because of the barbell that was thrown at him. He pointed the knife at Daniel and Yura before screaming.

"Bastards! I will kill you all!"

He started screaming. He started spouting words that Yura couldn't understand because of how he screamed and talked so fast. The only thing she can understand is,

"You bitch! How many balloons do you think I gave you?"

So he is one of those big spenders? But who? Asdf? Gold? Could he be the Gangnam Landlord? But he said he owns a couple of businesses.

Yura stands up. She can't fight, she'll admit, but she has to at least do something! She can't just let her friend be her shield while she's being a damsel in distress!

"If you want your money back, I can refund you in full! Don't hurt my friends!"

He looks at her madly before running towards her with an intent to kill. He started swishing the knife that he was holding in the air.

"You whore! How could you just do that? You're the one at fault here, not me!"

Vasco ran in front of her. He grabs the stalker's wrist before lifting him up by holding the stalker's neck. The stalker started to beg Vasco to let him go, but Vasco only said,

"No knives"

He squeezed the hand of the stalker who was holding the knife. The knife clattered at the ground, making the sound of metal hitting a rock.

Vaco clenched his fist. He's looking at a villain who was about to hurt innocent people. Yura and Big Daniel are two of the few good looking people he knows who are genuinely nice. He will not let anyone hurt his friends.

"Brace yourself"

Just as Vasco was getting ready to punch the stalker, a voice immediately stopped him.

They looked at where the voice was coming from and noticed a man crawling, using a makeshift skateboard like thingy to crawl and gloves.

Yura couldn't look at the old man and closed her eyes. One look at him, and anyone would immediately notice that he wasn't properly taken care of. He was skin and bones.

The old man was panting so badly that you could see his collarbone every time he inhaled. Just how far did he have to crawl just to get here?

"That's my only son! Please forgive him for what he did wrong!"

He was bowing as he pleaded.

Yura almost wanted to forgive his son but suddenly remembered. What if this happens again in front of other people? Someone who couldn't dodge that knife Someone who doesn't have anyone to rescue him or her

Yura hardened her heart. She isn't a saint to forgive him.

"You snuck on my PC and followed me?! Hu... Humiliating!! What are you going to do if Yura hates me because of you? Wh... why are you here?!"

With that, the remaining doubt in Yura's mind vanished like smoke. He deserves to be imprisoned.

The stalker started rumbling about how she was the victim and everything. Nothing surprises Yura at this point because even when he tried to stab her with a knife earlier, he kept repeating that he was the victim like a broken record, but Vasco's next words were what surprised Yura:

"I overcame it."

It shook Yura. He doesn't look like he gets bullied at first glance. To be honest, the first time they met, Yura actually felt scared because of his piercing eyes, but the more you get to know Vasco, the more you realize how kind he actually is.

The father of the stalker begged Vasco to let his son go, but the stalker only keeps whining about his dad.

The police finally arrived and arrested the stalker. He keeps mumbling Yura's name.

DG also arrives with his car. The first thing he did was run towards Yura. He should have been the one to save her. He should be the one on her side. He let her get hurt.

"Bye Vasco! Bye Daniel!"

Here she is smiling while bidding farewell and plastering a smile on her face, but for whom? DG knows that smile too well; even if he forgets everything, that smile will still be in his memory. The smile she gave him while making that promise was the smile of a person who's in love.

Vasco shed a tear as he saw DG supporting Yura gently as she went into the car.

DG looks at Daniel for a few seconds. It's the way someone looks at someone familiar or someone he is acquainted with. Daniel got weirded out because he was sure that this was the first time he met DG.

It was just a few steps away towards the penthouse, but DG insisted on using the car since he didn't want Yura to take any more steps. He also wants to disinfect Yura's wound, no matter how small it is; who knows what kind of germs are in that knife?
The moment they step into the penthouse, DG immediately gets the first-aid kit to disinfect the wound.

"Who?..."

DG asked while disinfecting Yura's wound.

"Hmm??..."

DG looks at Yura dead in the eyes. No one blinks. They are just looking each other in the eyes. No one talks, so even if a pin dropped, they could both hear it.

"Who was that smile meant for?"

Yura looks at him, clueless. It seems she still doesn't have any clue that she likes either of those people. Just like when they were young. It might have been a kid's joke for her, but for him it's not. Is he the only idiot who cherishes his promise to the young Yura Byeong? He might be.

"Uh? No one?"

DG shakes his head while focusing on disinfecting Yura's wound.

-

A few days ago, he finally did it! He finally found Yura Byeong's home. The only problem is the security. It was so tight that an insect might not be able to get in.

The only thing he could get his hands on were a few old things that Yura threw in the garbage. He knows that those things are from Yura, deep in his heart. His and Yura's hearts are connected, plus he watched her mention that it was hers in her stream.

"Ahh! A few things from my wife!"

He already knows where his wife lives, but the problem is security. He buys whiskey from a nearby convenience store every day with his money until he notices Yura's driver.
He was buying whiskey too.

A few days have gone by, and they have slowly become acquainted because he keeps giving him whiskey. They kept talking until the driver said something unexpected.

There was a blonde guy who kept hovering around Yura. He can't believe it; his wife cheated on him with DG and the blonde haired dude.

"C-can you give us a few minutes to talk on that date? I'm a huge fan of Yura!"

The stalker guy asked the driver for a favor. The driver noticed something strange about the guy but didn't say anything because he was giving him free alcohol.

"Sure! A few minutes wouldn't hurt! Just give me a few extra whiskeys the next time we meet!"