Chapter 24

AN: I graduated! Whoo! But it doesn't mean I have more time to write, sadly. I have to find a job and shit.

Dedication: lashtxnlarry [For making a cover c:]

Michael, Luke, and I entered the hotel cafe, taking a seat at a booth by the window. Luke and I sat on one side while Michael at the other, my manager and me taking the seats closest to the window. It was almost embarrassing for me to walk into the place, because of what happened the last time I was here.

The waiter handed us menus and started us off with something to drink, all three of us ordering water. Then the guy left to get our drinks.

"Are we doing anything today?" I asked Michael as I picked up my menu and opened it up.

"Today, you're not, but I am," he answered.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you doing? Are you gonna visit Calum without us again?"

"N-No. I have, um, other things to take care of as well that are more important. Anyway, you two go have fun."

"Oh, we will," Luke said in a tone that made me blush and attempt to whack him with my open menu, only for him to stop my action by grabbing a hold of my menu.

My manager awkwardly cleared his throat, moving his menu closer to him. "Riiiiight, okay. So, do whatever you want, but be back at the hotel by six, and dress up appropriately for this evening."

"What's happening tonight?" I asked.

Luke leaned in close to my ear and whispered, "You'll see, princess."

I turned to look at him, a scowl on my face as a bit of red coated my cheeks. "Wh-What the hell's that supposed to mean?!" I yanked my menu out of his hold and practically slammed it against the table, harder than I wanted it to.

"Nothing. It just means exactly what it means. You need to calm down."

Before I could say anything, I heard Michael mumbling something, so I turned my attention to him. "What did you say?"

"Nothing important, don't worry about it. So you two seem to be off to a good start on keeping yourselves busy until then."

"Michael, can't we just go with you? If you're visiting Calum again, you don't--"

"I'm not visiting him!" he yelled, taking me aback.

"Don't raise your voice at princess," Luke scolded as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "He didn't mean any harm."

"S-Sorry. But I really am not visiting him though. He doesn't want me to, anyway."

I raised an eyebrow. "Calum? Really? He doesn't want you to visit? Why?"

Michael sighed, sending a serious look at me as he opened up his menu. "Look, I really don't know why. Just know that he doesn't want me to visit him. Got it?"

No more words were spoken after that. I simply nodded in understanding and my manager seemed more than relieved to not carry on the topic any longer. I felt like something must have happened between the two. Whatever that was, I didn't know. Michael said he couldn't visit Calum, but he never said that Luke and I weren't allowed to, did he?

When Michael was deciding on what to get for breakfast, I poked at Luke's arm and he turned his attention away from his menu and to me. I motioned for him to lean close to me and he did.

Once his ear was only an inch away from my lips, I raised the menu up so it was blocking Michael's view from me and my bodyguard and whispered, "Can we please go visit Calum?"