Chapter 5

AN: Making that girl Chelsea, okay. Got an image? Great.

Dedication: MatchuEspinosa [I smiled at your comment.]

Once we were back at the suite I went over to the room and lay myself down on the bed facing down. I could hear Luke enter the room shortly after and I listened to his steps, assuming he went to his couch.

"I guess you have nothing else to do for the rest of the day?" he asked.

"I don't think I do," I mumbled. "I still need to get my jacket though."

"Do you want me to go with you to get it?"

I looked over at Luke and saw that he was in the middle of removing his jacket. "I don't want to go anywhere with you."

"Why are you so bitter?"

"Because I don't like you."

"Well, I'm your bodyguard. I'd still have to go with you anyway. Besides, I've nothing better to do." Luke pulled off his shirt and dug through his stuff for another one. "Also, can we stop by some place to grab a bite? I haven't eaten anything all day."

"Hmph." I sat upright and sat on the bed with my legs crossed. "Whatever. So after you finish whatever you're doing over there, we'll leave."

He laughed. "Wow."

I raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"For once little princess is being cooperative. Maybe we're finally going to get along-"

"You just ruined it." I hopped off the bed and left the room, making my way over to the door. I leaned against the wall and crossed my arms over my chest. I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for Luke.

He was taking longer than I expected him to, so I went over to the balcony window and peered down at the park that was across the street. I saw a lot of people down there, doing whatever activities they wanted. I haven't gone out to the park yet, but I was hoping I would before I left California in a month to go back home to Australia.

The only reasons why I'm here in Hollywood were to write some songs for my next album, deal with some interviews and talk shows, all that good jazz. Sometimes when I go out I get surrounded by teenage girls that were crawling all over Hollywood, always looking to see if their favorite celebrities will pop up in front of them.

I like being noticed, to be honest. It shows that I at least am not a nobody in this world.

I admired the park a bit longer, just enjoying how calming it looked from up where I was.

I was pulled out of my relaxed state when I realized... Why am I waiting for Luke in the first place? I don't need him. I don't even want him to be with me. I should just leave right now.

So that's what I did. I went towards the door and opened it, but when my body collided with another I let out a high pitched squeak.

"Woah! Calm down, Ashton. It's just me and Mikey." Sure enough, Calum and Michael were standing right before me.

I glared at them. "Go away, you two," I grumbled. "I'm taking a break for the rest of the day."

Michael narrowed his eyes at me. "Where are you going?" he asked. "I thought you weren't feeling well?"

"Oh." I thought for a moment to think of something. Michael wouldn't like it if I told him I was going to get my jacket, especially since I'm going without Luke. "I'm just going to grab some food from the hotel restaurant, that's all."

"Oh, cool. Can we join you then?"

"Um, I'm going with Luke. I mean he is my... bodyguard." Ew, I don't like saying that. Luke being my bodyguard doesn't sound right at all. "He should be with me all the time."