Chapter 25

AN: Finally updated, after all these years.

I'd update more often, but despite it being summer I have hardly any time to myself. Damn work.

Dedication: -GiveMeThatHoran- [New cover. Thanks, hon. x]

"Mr. Irwin?"

I immediately pulled my hand out of Luke's at the mention of my name, turning my head in the direction of who was calling me.

Luke and I were just walking through the main lobby before the guy at the front desk called my name. I walked over to the employee guy as he pushed a plastic bag that had containers inside it.

Cocking an eyebrow, I asked, "What's in there?"

"It is your breakfast," he answered. "Mr. Clifford told me to give these to you if you were to come down here. We were just about to send these up to your suite, but I suppose there's no need for that now."

"Oh." I took the bag from the guy and scrunched my nose at the smell. Whatever were inside the boxes, I wasn't going to eat them. It didn't even smell good.

Luke relieved me from the bags, smiling down at me as he whispered, "I'll take these, princess." Then he looked over at the guy. "Thank you, sir."

The employee curtly nodded at us before he went to do whatever work he had and then Luke and I were beginning to approach the front entrance. Frederick and his black vehicle were waiting right outside and there were still some fans of mine up front ready to pester me.

I was pretty much having an argument with myself about whether I should hold Luke's hand or not. If I did, the fans would see it, but Luke said they wouldn't mind. Something in the back of my mind told me otherwise, but I really wanted to believe Luke.

When we stepped outside, the screams got louder and everyone was throwing words at me all at once. I absentmindedly moved closer to Luke, but I didn't realize that until I felt my arm pressing against his.

However, Luke moved away from me and I glanced in his direction, watching as he was now right behind me. He placed his hands on either side of my shoulder and gently led me towards the car.

"You suck!" someone shouted at me at one point.

"Of course, I do," I mumbled to myself. But I'll only do it for Luke.

"Go fuck yourself!" yelled the same person, I think. "I fucking hate you!"

I've been told worse in the past. They're just jealous of me and my success. Not everyone can be as lucky as I am to get to where I am today. I could take a few hateful comments--it wasn't going to affect me in any way.

I waved goodbye to my fans before my eyes looked at Luke, seeing that he was rubbing the back of his head. I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "What's wrong with you?"

"Don't worry about it," he said, motioning me to go inside the car. "We need to go now."

Instead of pressing on, I nodded and went inside the car. Luke followed behind me and then he shut the door. I sat down facing the front and Luke sat in front of me. Frederick pulled away from the curb and we were now on the way to the hospital to visit Calum.

My eyes spotted the dashboard of the car and I raised an eyebrow. Then I asked Frederick, "What's with the seashells, Frederick?"

"Hm?" His eyes glanced at the seashells for a split second before they were looking back at the road. "I bought them for myself."

"Why?"

"Because they were lovely."

"Why?"

"I just really love seashells."