Chapter 29

AN: I want this story to end before the year is over. Are you guys ready?

Cover in media made by meli5sos_ from IG!

Dedication: xxSweaterWeatherxx [I like how you're only concerned about the smut xD]

The first thing I heard was the sound of waves brushing against the shore. I saw some light through my eyelids and I slowly opened my eyes, seeing that the sun was out and way above me in the sky.

I slowly sat upright, but winced when I felt how sore my body was. It felt like I had just ran into a wall and all of my muscles ached really badly. I began rubbing at my blurry eyes, but immediately stopped when something started to sting them. I wiped my hand against my shirt and rubbed at my eyes once again, this time relieving the pain. Again my eyes opened and I saw the ocean before me. The water was slowly making its way closer to me, but it pulled back into the sea before it could reach me.

Then the memory of what had happened flooded my mind and I gasped, standing up immediately and ignoring the pain. I looked around frantically for Luke, but I must have stood up way too fast, because my vision began to turn black. I rested my face in my hands until the pain in my head stopped and I was able to see again.

"Luke?" I called out as I searched around the beach. "Where are you?" There was no response, so I shouted louder. "Luke!"

I didn't see a single person in sight and I didn't know which way to go to find Luke. Or the others, for that matter. I wasn't even sure where I was. I was sure that I was still in California, but was I even in the area close to where the hotel I was staying at was? Hopefully.

I decided to walk along the shore so the ocean was on my right side. My clothes were wet, my hair felt really gross and sticky, and I was hurting all over, but right now my main priority was to find Luke. I really hoped he was along the way I was heading. I didn't want to be separated from him any longer.

The wind that kept hitting me wasn't helping at all. I was already freezing and I had to depend on rubbing my arms with my hands to keep me warm. I don't even know how Luke and I got separated. I remember that when we were falling we were holding each other so tightly that nothing could squeeze in between us. But here I was, walking along the beach without Luke around and I was starting to worry about him.

From a distance I saw an open parachute and it was obviously not from Luke, but it meant that either Chelsea or Calum and Michael were around and that was good enough for me.

I cupped my hands around my mouth and shouted, "Chels!"

Nothing.

"Cal? Mikey!"

There was a distant response from what sounded like Calum. "Ash, over here!"

I smiled and rushed over to where the voice came from. I climbed over a bunch of large rocks and I finally spotted Calum, but the smile that was on my face fell when I saw that Michael had his head in Calum's lap and a look of discomfort was on his face.

"What happened to him?" I asked, hopping off of the rocks and approaching the two of them.

"Michael hurt himself while we were landing," Calum explained. "He said that his ankle hurts."

"I twisted it when I was trying to get my feet onto the ground," my manager puled. Then he whacked Calum's arm. "I blame you for not helping me land!"

"Hey, you just so happened to touch the ground a split second before I did," Calum retorted. Then he brushed his finger against Michael's cheek. "It's okay, babe. You'll be fine. Chelsea's getting help."