Chapter 9

Dedication: Lashton_Narry [caz Angie's queen, he's king, and I'm princess (just like Ashton)]

I had a difficult time writing this chapter, to be honest.

The video is of my Wattpad best friend's friend reading a poem dedicated to Luke Hemmings.

Malum, because I can. Sorry if you don't like it. The exit button is somewhere around here...

"Ashton, get in the passenger seat right now," Luke ordered and I didn't hesitate to obey as I got out of my seat and climbed into the front. Luke took my spot and was examining where Calum got shot. "Shit, I can see it, the bullet."

"Frederick, start driving to the hospital," I said, sounding a bit frantic. My driver nodded and he started driving out of the alley and towards the nearest hospital, wherever that was.

I could hear Calum groaning and attempting to keep in any cries of pain from the bullet in the back of his shoulder. He was also holding Michael close to his chest, but his hold gradually loosened as he seemed to be in more pain.

Michael's face was barely visible from my angle, but from the little part I could see I could tell he was shocked and terrified, looking pretty much traumatized.

"This is going to hurt," Luke said to Calum as he removed his blazer. He then pressed it against Calum's shoulder, causing my friend to hiss some more.

"Fuck!" Calum cursed as he finally pulled away from Michael and I was able to see my manager's face more clearly.

Like I thought, he was certainly scared and he looked as if he was going to pass out.

Calum looked up at Michael and I could see his lips curve upward just the slightest bit. "You okay?"

"Okay?" Michael repeated. "Okay?! You're seriously asking if I'm okay?! You just got shot!"

"It's just a flesh wound, I'm sure." Calum groaned and my manager pulled him back towards him so his arms were wrapped underneath his arms. I could tell that Luke was still pressing his jacket down on Calum's wound, because my friend's face twisted in an expression that displayed pain as he was trying to hold back any noise of discomfort. "I'm fine, Mikey, really."

"Let go of Calum," Luke said, looking towards Michael. "You don't want to hurt him, do you?"

"But I..." Michael began, but he snapped his mouth shut when he couldn't find anything to say, so he dropped his arms from Calum.

"It's okay, Luke," Calum said. "I want to be in his arms before I die."

"Stop being dramatic," my bodyguard said as he rolled his eyes. "You're not going to die. You just got shot in the shoulder, that's all."

Calum made a groaning sound. "Oh, I can see the other side. The angels are waiting and singing for me. Sweet, beautiful angels."

Michael's eyes widened and he pulled my friend back into his arms, hugging him tightly and pressing his face into his dark hair. Calum snuck his good arm around Michael and snuggled into him.

"You shouldn't have gotten shot," Michael said, almost sounding like he was about to cry.

"But it's better I got hit than you," Calum said.

"Calum-"

"And I would've dealt with a greater emotional pain than the physical one I have right now."

The entire car went silent, even Frederick shut off the radio that was playing classical music quietly in the background.

"You're so stupid sometimes," was all Michael could say before more his hold on Calum tightened.