Hes Just a Little Shy Guy 👉👈

Start from the beginning

"Well, I was thinking that we could go into town today. There are a bunch of different little shops and bakeries at the town square, and I think they've added a few since the last time we went" Logan explained.

Roman gasped, "oh, I love going into town—there are so many opportunities for instagram pictures! I could get a cute boba tea and do duck lips next to a water fountain, or get a little pastry!"

Patton giggled, "oh, I think they added a new boutique too!"

Remus and Janus gave each other dry looks before turning towards Virgil, "why are we friends with them?" Janus joked.

Virgil simply snorted and gave a shrug, before slipping his headphones on. He was already starting to feel anxiety build up in his chest, and he did not want to start slipping. He needed to calm down.

He took in a deep breath and closed his eyes, allowing the sick beats of Animal Crossing's Stale Cupcakes to whisk him away into daydream land.

He felt a faint tap on his shoulder and cracked an eye open. Patton was smiling at him. He slipped his headphones around his neck and raised a brow, "we're here" Patton said, "I didn't wanna disturb you because you looked so stinkin' adorable and relaxed like that, but Roman was going to shoot you with a spitball, so I decided you'd rather come back to reality like this."

"Thanks, Pat" Virgil said with a small smile, climbing out of the car after him.

"Boba tea!" Roman screeched, grabbing Patton and Logan's hands, before running off in that direction.

Janus rolled his eyes and linked arms with Virgil, who linked arms with Remus, "how undignified."

"Maybe if we walk slowly, we can get a few minutes of peace" Virgil said.

"Not with me you won't" Remus chirped.

"You're a different kind of loud though" Virgil said, "I don't know how to explain it, but when you start screeching and screaming I don'y feel inclined to murder."

"Less annoying, more amusing" Janus agreed as they finally arrived to the shop, "welp, time to see what mr. over achiever ordered."

"Wow, you want some tea with that boba?!" Remus cried as he saw Patton's cup.

————————————————————

Virgil walked slowly along with his friends. In the hour they'd been out walking, he'd finished his tea and a bottle of water and he kinda had to pee, but they were nowhere near done browsing the stores and ordering new baked goods to try. The added stress of needing to pee and not wanting to ask the group to stop for him was really starting to make his anxiety grow.

He didn't know why he was getting so worked up, he didn't have to go that bad, but he knew that eventually, he would. So he may as well start working up the courage to ask.

Which, took a lot because Virgil knew very well from past experiences, more recent than he'd like to admit, that half of these stores either didn't have bathrooms, or didn't have bathrooms that weren't employees only. So he would have to keep an eye out so that they didn't have to take time to help him search for one.

The tension bubbling up in his abdomen was quickly becoming uncomfortable as the seconds ticked by. He could feel his brain screaming at him as his heart practically started to rip its way out of his chest. His heart was hammering fast and hard against his skin, and if he didn't know any better he'd say that all of his friends could hear it.

"Virgil? You're looking a little pale there, buddy" Patton said, "you okay?"

"Oh—yeah. It's just..just hot" he lied, chuckling a little.