yearning the solace

Start from the beginning

I scoffed, my respect for this institution is really gone. Don't they know that the people that Novan killed are the ones who harmed us?

"We slept beside each other," I crossed my arms, "Two times, Dr. Selene. It happened two times and for the later days before we slept together, he didn't do anything to harm me."

Pansin kong natigilan siya pero hindi ko na pinanood ang iba pa niyang reaksyon. She was just eyeing me like she's seeing something I can't. It felt awkward, of course, but I just let her.

I lied, obviously, as well. Novan almost killed me when we first met. He even chained me! Pero hindi 'yun dahil may mali siya sa pag-iisip. Dahil 'yun sa katotohanang ilang beses na siyang nilooban at tinangkang patayin ng mga pinadalang doktor ng IMI.

Isa pa 'yun sa pinaiimbestigahan ko lalo na't parang walang kaalam-alam si Dr. Canzar do'n. Posibleng may sumasabotahe sa institusyon o 'di kaya ay naaatasang gawin 'yun kapalit ng kung anuman. And I'm sure I'll hunt that person down up the point that they won't make it far from what they're planning.

After all of that, I concluded that nobody can blame Novan for not believing me. It was an initial and nature of a human to doubt after a betrayal and threat, but I swear he's trying to open up. As days constantly passed, he is changing. And I know na konti na lang ang kailangan para tuluyang maging maayos ang tingin niya sa sarili niya.

"You didn't let me show my diagnosis about him or even ask me about it. I waited, Dr. Selene, but it felt like he was a stray dog of this institution." Sabi ko ulit bago humalukipkip.

Tumalim ang tingin ko, "Wala kayong pakialam sakanya. That's my conclusion."

"You don't get to say that, Dr. Cerilla." Madiin at mabilis na sagot ni Dr. Selene.

"If you care about him, you would've known that a couple of the therapists you sent tried to kill him," I silently clenched my teeth, "And then the ones attacking him in the middle of the night. Dapat alam mo 'yun kung may pakiala-."

"What did you just say?" Nalaglag niya ang envelope na hawak.

Gulat niya akong tinignan na animo'y hindi inaasahan ang sinabi ko.

"The therapists you sent tried to kill him. And there are people attacking him in the middle of the night. The ones he killed before he was admitted here are the ones whom you sent to treat him. And the ones he killed are the ones who threatened to kill him first. In our situation, it was self-defense. How can an institution like IMI can't investigate this kind of matters?" I repeated, "Antonov Novan Vitre is getting attacked by the same people you sent to treat him."

Tuluyan siyang natigilan. And there I have my answers.

Maybe she really doesn't know what was happening.

"Antonov never told me that you kne-."

"Because he finds no one trustworthy. He finds it incomprehensible to tell anybody who might harm him as well," I scoffed, "Is the session he's having with Freya developed after I left, Dr. Canzar?"

Napatingin siya sa'kin, "I suggest not cutting me off because I don't like repeating my words. You might regret it later."

Hindi ko siya sinagot. That's nowhere near related to what I said.

"And Antonov never attended the sessions," She groaned, "He never told me either that you knew how many threats he's getting from the doctors I sent and from the people whom he doesn't know."

So... Dr. Selene was able to converse with Novan? I wonder how it went and how Dr. Selene resolved these matters. I'm glad even though I know that Novan wouldn't have told her everything especially kung ano nangyari habang nasa isla kami. I came prepared though. Ako na bahala magpaalam ng mga nangyari kasama na ang rason bakit mas karapat-dapat akong doktor ni Novan.