Chapter Fifteen - Children Should be Seen and Not Heard

Lex's POV

"I think it's this one!" Y/N points to a dark brown townhome.

"Looks a bit small."

"Oh come on, Lex! This is gonna be our new home for the summer!" Y/N's smile is bright. She's so excited to be staying with Sharp. I could care less where we went, but I'm glad she's happy.

"It'll be good, I'm glad you'll be so close to work." I bump her shoulder with mine.

"Shall we grab a butter beer before we head back?"

I take her arm in mine very dramatically. "Sounds wonderful, Ms. Y/L/N!"

As we walk down a few streets towards the middle of town, I start to notice how empty the streets are. Where is everyone? I get a sinking feeling in my stomach as I reach for my wand.

"I'm afraid you're on your own. I've ensured that we have a moment to ourselves." The menacing voice of Victor Rookwood. I move to stand in front of Y/N, wand out. He emerges from the shadows of a shop. "Come, come. No need for such theatrics."

"What are you doing here, Rookwood." I can hear Y/N breathing heavily behind me. Shit, how am I gonna get her out of this?

"I came to make a deal!" He raises his arms in the air as if to surrender. "You have been causing me and my men quite the trouble. 30 camps wiped out by a bloody fifth year!" He starts to clap his hands together. "Now, I have to recognize talent when I see it. Come work for me. I'll help you perfect your skills, and pay you quite well."

"Sounds to me like it's you and your men who need to perfect their skills." I glare at him.

"Oh come on. How much money are you getting from these little jobs and favors you pull off? I'll make sure you and your sister are taken care of, make sure you're comfortable." He looks behind me to Y/N and then back to me. "Beautiful girls should be kept safe or bad things may happen."

"Fuck off." I snap.

He scoffs, "The arrogance." He begins to walk closer and I raise my wand higher. "Should have known better than to try and reason with a child. I've always said, 'children should be seen and not heard.'" Those words. Those were the words.

Suddenly I feel my arm grabbed behind me as I am transported somewhere else. Landing I look around to find myself surrounded by enemies. Fuck. Where's Y/N?! My eyes scan searching for her H/C hair. All I can see are Dark Wizards and Ashwinders everywhere. No! No! No! Where is she?!

"LEX!" Her voice! I follow the sound to see her being held by a man I recognize as Theophilus Harlow up on a platform. He is wrapped around her holding her off the ground as she continues to kick and scream in his arms. "Lex! Look out!"

Fuck! "Protego!"

Waves of men start bombarding me with attacks. Shit! Think, Lex. Think! "Expelliarmus! Transformation! Bombarda!" Boom! The exploding barrel made of ashwinder takes out a group of four. "Accio!" 3 enemies are lifted up and pulled to me. "Diffindo!" A large slash goes through the three men. "Bombarda!" "Leviosa!" Descendo!"

I get through about 20 enemies before I have another moment to look and glance up at Y/N. Harlow is now holding her by her throat and screaming at her. I can see there is blood on the side of his face. I have to get to her!

"Protego! Stupefy!" I feel my anger rising. Time to give it everything I have! I have to save her!

"Glacius!" I freeze two men on my left. "Leviosa! Depulso!" I bring another enemy into the air then launch them into the frozen wizards. "Expelliarmus! Confringo!" I start blasting all around me with fire. "Incendio! Confringo! Bombarda!"