Chapter Fourteen - Amortentia

Ominis' POV

"Sebastian, I still think you are both being ridiculous about this whole thing. You said you love each other, you kiss, you hold hands, you spend every free moment together. Just ask her out!"

"You're one to talk! It took you forever to ask out Y/N finally. And Lex gets that I'm waiting until Anne gets better before we make it official."

"Anne has actively told you that you're being stupid. You can't use her as an excuse!"

"Well I am! So shut it!"

"Alright, but you need to stop complaining about it then."

"Fine. Where is Y/N anyways?"

"I believe today she's helping out at Brood & Peck. Or it might be J. Pippins Potions. Damn, I cannot remember which one is Thursday evenings."

"She really has been working a lot, huh?"

"Yes, she's very dedicated. I'm proud of her for working so hard." That's a lie. I hate her not being here. It's almost the end of April and she's steadily picked up jobs and increased her working hours to nearly every evening from 5pm-9pm and all day Saturdays. I know she's been worried about something, but she insists everything is okay.

"There's Lex. I'll see you later."

"Bye, Sebastian."

I wish she'd open up more. She doesn't like discussing important things, she likes to keep things light and airy. I just want to ask her about her nightmares or about why she feels she suddenly needs to save up money, but I can't push her too hard on it. Ughhhh!!!

I start to walk back toward the dorms when I get hit with the smell of Y/N's Strawberry Shortcake scent. Did her shift get canceled? I follow the smell and realize it's coming from the potions classroom. Ahh she must be dropping an order off to Sharp for Pippin.

I walk through the door hoping to catch a moment for at least a quick kiss.

"Mr. Gaunt?"

"Hello Professor Sharp. Is Y/N in the back?"

He hesitates, "No."

"Oh, was she just here?"

"Why would she have been here?" His voice is stern. Very different from when he speaks with Y/N.

"Oh, uh nevermind." I turn to leave, but hesitate walking out. I KNOW that is her scent. Why would he be lying to me? Does she not want to see me? "You're positive, sir?"

"Gaunt, tell me why you think Ms. Y/L/N would have been here? Did she say she needed something from me?" I can hear a slight tone of concern in his voice. Is he worried for her?

"No, sir. I just...um well you know I have very good hearing from being blind, well my sense of smell is rather good." I can feel my cheeks get a bit red, "I thought I smelled her in here."

I hear him let out a small chuckle. Dammit. It's not funny. Lots of people know what their partners smell like. It's not weird!

He takes a few steps toward me, "Is this what you are smelling?"

I am suddenly overwhelmed by the delicious aroma of my beautiful girlfriend. "Yes! Exactly that! Did she give you some of her shampoo or something to mimic the scent?"

His chuckling continues, "Mr. Gaunt, what I am holding is a vial of Amortentia. Do you know what that is?"

Oh. I know my face is a deep red now. The fucking love potion that smells of what you love most.