Chapter Five - Excuse Me, Mr. Peevees?

Sebastian's POV

"You're being unusually cheerful today."

"I had a nice nap in first period." Hmmm sure that's what you enjoyed about first period.

"And here I thought you'd be miserable all day because of Weasley trying to court Y/N."

"I can feel your idiotic smirk in your tone. So shut it."

"Words hurt, Ominis." I fake being offended.

Spotting Lucan Brattleby start gathering people around, my smirk returns. Finally! Time for some dueling. But where is Lex?

"Aren't you headed over? I can hear him starting to assign the line up."

"Ahhh, yeah I am... Lex said she'd meet us so I wanted to wait for her." Maybe she's running late?

"Go over and get both your names on the roster. I'll keep my ears out and send her your way once she shows up."

"Thank you!!!" I grab my friend's face and give him a big kiss on the cheek. "You are the best!"

"Uggh fuck off, Sebastian!" He pushes me away with an look that would send most students running in the other direction. He's so easy to mess with.

"Hey! Spot for two more?" I call out as I head over to Lucan.

"Of course! And who is it you are going against?"

"Oh, I actually will be having her as my partner."

"Really?! Wait, is it the new fifth year that crushed you yesterday?"

How does news travel this fast? "Yup, Lex Y/L/N is her name. You can add us on as a team."

"I'll get you both added. I'll call you up soon. You'll probably be in the 1st or 2nd round today."

"Perfect!"

Turning around, I see Lex walking towards me. Damn this girl. She takes my breath away by just existing!

"Ready to get destroyed?" She asks with a cocky smile.

"Oh we will be doing the destroying! We're a team, Y/L/N!"

"Already scared to face me again, Sallow?"

"Only a little," I wink at her. "Plus I think we'll make a damn good team."

She rolls her eyes, but the smile hasn't left her face. Okay, time to make a move... you got this.

Moving toward her I place my hand on her waist gently and lean in to whisper. "Not to mention, I wouldn't stand a chance against you while you look so cute in that uniform." I bite my bottom lip looking into her eyes. Merlin, that blue is intimindating... stunning. "So damn distracting, Y/L/N." I shake my head and smile as I turn away from her, walking back towards Ominis.

Ohhh I hope that came off as smooth. Godricks heart, I get nervous around her!

Unsurprisingly, I see Y/N has scooted up right next to my best friend on the floor and is chatting his ear off. He must really like this girl. Once again the normally cold man has a smile across his face that is rare for even me to see.

Strolling over to them, I take a seat next to Ominis against the wall. As I hit the ground I see Lex following and she quickly takes the seat on the other side of her sister.

Tuning into the conversation, Y/N's excitement is electric and I smile as I listen. "...the puffskein actually fell asleep in my arms! It was the cutest thing I have ever seen, but then Poppy brought me over to the Niffler pen and I actually cried. There was a little baby who was only 3 days old. He was so tiny and fluffy.... and he was just so sweet..." I see some tears start swelling up in her eyes, from thinking about the cute interaction.