Chapter Seven - I Want You to Kiss Me!

Ominis' POV

Hearing Lex get up and join Y/N on the other side of the kitchen near the ovens, I run my fingers over the pages below me once again. She worked so hard to get that note right... She did all this for me.

"So ready to admit you fancy her?" Sebastian comes and sits with me on the floor.

I sigh deeply. My feelings for her are obvious at this point. Is there even a point in denying it to him? "You're an idiot, Sebastian."

"Pretty sure you're the idiot if you're too dense to see how crazy that girl is about you." He whispers aggressively.

But how could I be the one she wants? It doesn't make sense. She's kind, beautiful, the most genuine creature to walk this Earth and yet somehow she's interested in me??? No. No. No. "She did all this the evening she stabbed me. She felt bad is all."

"Are you fucking serious?" He scoffs at my reply. "Then explain to me everything else she's done to be close to you over the last few weeks. Explain to me why she can't take her eyes off you when you're around, 'Omi'?"

Dammit. I can't explain it. I don't understand why she's done what she has, but the idea of her caring for me just confuses me even more. I get up and walk over to the girls baking, leaving Sebastian alone.

"Hey, I'm feeling rather tired. I'm going to head back to the dorms."

"Oh, okay." I hear Y/N's reply with disappointment in it.

"You both have a goodnight."

"Goodnight, Omi." Her sweet voice rings through my ears as I pass back through the portrait and make my way through the halls.

Am I an idiot? What if she does actually care for me?

FUCK! Even if she does care for me... the effort she put in for me after knowing me for only a few hours proves to me that I'm unworthy of her.

No one is worthy of her kind heart.

Ugh. I need to pull back, I need to distance myself from her. She deserves better than me. I would be a burden on her. She deserves someone stronger, someone who can take care of her, protect her.

I'm weak, I'm broken.

-----------------------------

Lex's POV

"Okay, seriously, what is up with Ominis?" He's barely acknowledged Y/N outside of class for weeks and it's starting to really piss me off.

"He's being a fucking idiot. Which I have already told him multiple times!" Thank you Sallow! "He's convinced himself that she's 'only being nice' because she stabbed him."

"Uhhhh the first guy I've ever seen her be interested in and he's too dense to believe it! Can you at least tell him to be friends with her? She thinks that she made him uncomfortable that night in the kitchens and won't stop freaking out to me about it!"

"I can try."

I stop and turn looking up at Sebastian. "I'm seriously gonna pull out my fucking hair if I have to hear her panic thought spirals any longer. It's already been three weeks of this nightmare and I need it to stop! You need to make this stop, please, Sallow!!!" I beg him as I shake his shoulders back and forth.

"Your wish is my command!" He takes off running like a determined fool.

Like clockwork, I see the H/C head of my sister turn the corner towards me. "Hey, Lex!"