twelve

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"tell me about this boy then, kia." her mother sat down beside her on the sofa, leaning over to see what her daughter was drawing. it was a small, cute drawing of the giraffe plushie neymar had gotten her.

kiania immediately blushed, clearing her throat, not taking her eyes off her notepad, trying to conceal the smile on her face. she didn't even have to say his name, she just hummed in response.

"come on, papai's at vó's this afternoon." carolina nudged her shoulder, speaking quietly, despite the two being the only people in the house.

she gave her mother a glance, then put her pen down, and closed the notepad, "what do you want to know?"

"well–" her mother sat up straight, an excited grin plastered on her face, "what's his name?"

"i can't tell you." she quickly shook her head, going to open her notepad again, but her mother stopped her.

"is he pretty? beautiful? is he your boyfriend?" 

kiania gave an amused smile, "can a boy be pretty or beautiful?"

"of course he can. he can be both." carolina shrugged beginning to play with one of her daughter's curls.

"uhm–" she chuckled, "then yes, he is."

carolina hummed in thought, "is he your boyfriend then?"

kiania blushed hard, biting the inside of her cheek, causing her mother to raise her eyebrows and let out a giddy laugh.

"so he's beautiful and pretty, you're a lucky girl, filha." carolina placed her hands on either side of kia's face, grinning wildly at her.

"who is?"

the voice startled the mother and daughter for a moment, but upon turning their heads, they found neymar, who was taking his shoes off by the door. he must've come in quietly, since neither of them heard him. he didn't seem to have heard what they were previously saying though, so at least that saved kiania from some sort of embarrassment. 

"her boyfriend."

maybe not. kiania tutted, rolling her eyes at her mother for telling him. 

neymar looked over at kiania, raising his brows and smiling proudly, "what do you think of him, lina?"

he walked over, pressing a kiss to carolina's cheek, and leaning over the sofa, leaning as close to kiania as he could without it seeming suspicious. the last time they saw each other, she'd noticed what was hiding under his pants, but luckily, he'd come up with an on-the-spot excuse for what it was. 

"he sounds lovely. when am i gonna meet him? have you met him, ney?" carolina let go of her daughter, turning on a side so she could talk to both of the teenagers. 

kiania was overwhelmed with the amount of embarrassment she was feeling, and she sunk down in her seat, opening her book and beginning to doodle again. her cheeks burned and flushed, and with neymar clouding her thoughts even though he was stood right there, she bit her bottom lip to stop herself from grinning.

"i've met him once or twice. he's the best person i've ever met. you'll love him. i hope." he looked back at kia, who's eyes were already gazing at him, but quickly flicked back down to her notepad when he caught her looking. he laughed, leaning even closer to her and resting the side of his head against her's, looking down at what she was drawing.

"well, i look forward to the day i meet him. which i hope is soon." carolina sighed, getting up from the sofa, "i'm gonna bake something i think if you want to join me."