ten

~~~~~~~~~~~~

it was kiania's birthday. her 16th.

neymar was desperate to get to kiania's house before his family and the rest of hers got there. he wanted to kiss her before anyone was there, and he wanted to give her her gifts. however, despite him telling his mother he wanted to see her quickly, he was told to wait until it was time to go, so she could spend her birthday morning with her family. 

it was safe to say that all morning neymar was zoned out, wanting nothing but to see kiania, remembering what it felt like kissing her. he was acting as if it had been years since he last saw her, whilst he only saw her the day before.

"you're too quiet." rafaella mumbled, running a brush through her hair as it was getting closer to leaving.

neymar's mind was concentrated on kia, and he didn't expect his sister to talk to him, so he jumped a little bit, but adjusted in his seat and turned his head to look at her, "what do you mean?"

"you're usually rambling about when we're going to kia's. but you're not." rafaella knew something was going on with the two. kiania seemed more flustered around neymar lately, and he seemed a bit too distracted by her. 

neymar blinked and cleared his throat, "well, when are we going to kia's?"

rafaella squinted at her brother. something was definitely different, and she wanted to know what, "what's going on?"

"what?" he furrowed his brows at his sister.

"you and kia. what's going on?"

neymar's eyes widened slightly as he sat up in his seat, running a hand through his hair awkwardly. she can't know what's going on, can she? unless she somehow caught them kissing. but, no, she can't of.

"nothing. why, what do you mean?" he responded, folding his arms across his chest, shaking his head.

"you're both–" she squinted at her brother again, watching him as he sat awkwardly in the chair, "nevermind."

neymar let out an exhale of relief through his nose, "okay."

at that, rafaella knew immediately that something was happening between the two, because, usually, he'd push for her to continue her sentence, wanting to know what she wanted. but this time, he didn't. she didn't say anything else, though, figuring she would just watch them from afar. not in a creepy way though.

---

kiania grinned at her grandma as she opened the gift from her. her grandma had given her a book, with a series of pictures of her and her family. 

kiania loved her family with all of her heart, so it meant a lot to her, and she was so grateful that her grandmother had given her a gift like this.

"thank you, vó." kiania leaned forward and placed a kiss to her grandmother's cheek, who smiled in return.

"oh, look at that one." her mother pointed to a certain picture in the book, "you were so tiny, kia."

the picture showed a photo of kiania when she was a baby. two, or three, maybe. she was sat in the garden on a lounge chair, busy eating a mango with it all over her face and her hands. her hair was much more curly than it was now, static and messy, and her big brown eyes staring up into the camera.

kiania chuckled, "oh, yeah."

her father appeared back in the living room after putting something in the bin outside, with neymar and his family behind him, "kia," ivan gestured to them.