Chapter fourteen

I woke up with Luke, River, Rylie, and Quinn by me. "What did you see this time?" Quinn asked.
     "I didn't see anything. I just... blacked out." I replied.
     "When are Naomi and Xavier getting back?" River asked.
     "And what was their task?" Rylie added.
     "Well," I said, "they should be getting back any second now, and their task was to murder."
     "What?" Luke said. "I can't tell whether or not your joking."
     "I'm not joking, I swear. I think the shed thing they went to was a blood shed."

     I heard Naomi and Xavier silently walking. I turned my head and they were looking at the ground while moving very slowly. I don't blame them though, if I had to kill someone just to stay alive I'd feel horrible.

     We all sat down for a minute, in our own worlds, thinking about whatever the hell we were thinking about. I was personally wondering how much time is left until morning. I looked up and I saw the love birds smiling and quietly talking to each other. I was happy for them too.

     I stood up and said, "we don't have forever to stop this madness. We should probably get to work again so we can leave and be home with our families and tell everyone the truth. And get justice for all those who died. And let my dad out of jail."

     Everyone slowly stood off, when I saw the shadow figure still as a log. I starred at out and drowned out all the other voices. My expression was blank. Then I saw it come closer to me, closer, and closer until all I could see was darkness.

     I opened my eyes, and I was just in a room. Nothing but darkness. No walls. No ceiling. Nothing. I walked around for a bit. No noise whatsoever, but the silence was loud.

     I slowly walked forward. Far ahead, I saw a small glimpse of light. The more I walked forward, the bigger it got. After what seemed like a long time of walking, in the distance I could see it was a book. It was coming closer to me almost. I reached for it, and I felt my finger tips softly rub against it. I took one more small step and grabbed the book gently. I let it rest in my hands, and the book just opened to a random page. There it was. The answers.