Chapter ten

Great, of course I had to wake up from my weird hallucination or vision thing that I had and my best friend is missing. I fucking hate my life. "What happened?" I asked anxiously.
     Rylie responded with "well you passed out, so we all rushed over to you, and then Luke started having a panic attack so River went to give him a hug, but just seconds after they started hugging that weird shadow figure appeared and all the sudden Luke was gone."
     "We need to find him." Isaac said.
      I rolled my eyes and replied with "No shit Sherlock." Isaac gave me this annoyed look, but I ignored him and went over to River and Rylie and we started walking. Xavier and Quinn caught up to us, and Naomi, Evelyn, and Isaac were close behind. Quinn turned his head than slowed down. As his face got even more confused, he stopped.

     Since he stopped, I also stopped. "Quinn," I said, "you can't just stop in the middle of the woods when we're trying to-." I looked over to the side and saw a really really tall and big log house. It looked to be about 20 stories high, but I wasn't quite sure. I used to go into the woods all the time, but I had never seen it.

     I looked over at everyone, and though I didn't actually say to move, I hinted towards everyone, and they seemed to understand. Evelyn decided to go in front since she decided she wanted to be leader and I went in back because it's always the people in the back that go missing in a horror movie.

     Everyone was sort of in a clump, but in a single file line fashion. As we got closer, I could see a little bit of a dark shadow boardering it, and from that I could tell the monster created it. As we finally approached it, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in. I than said "can I go in first Evelyn? In case the weird boarder thing is deadly?"

     She gave me a strange look, but nodded her head. I took one last deep breath before walking in. It was just a little bit cold, nothing else. I gestured to everyone to come in, and everyone did. Evelyn came in right away, than river and Rylie. Naomi came in next, and pressured everyone else to come in. Xavier and Quinn came in hesitantly, and Isaac looked frozen. Evelyn had to pull him into that mysterious building, but he was still frozen. Evelyn tried lifting him up, and was successful, but she knew she could only carry him for so much time. Than Xavier picked him up, and said to Evelyn, "I'll stay here to make sure nothing else happens. Do you want to volunteer to stay here with me too so we don't end up dying?"
     "Uh yeah, sure. You guys, go find Luke."

     Just as Evelyn said that, surprise surprise, the shadow figure crept around the corner and whispered, "it's too late to save your friend." I could see River from the corner of my eye trying not to break down. The weird shadow figure than started to spin around us, than shortly after, Evelyn went missing. Isaac then became unfrozen and screamed. Everyone had to plug their ears for a moment until Isaac was done.

     "Their not dead yet." He said.
     "What do you mean 'yet'?" I questioned.
     "I mean I saw Luke. He's not dead, he's on the roof. And I also saw a glimpse of Evelyn. Neither of them are dead, but we can only save one."
     "Okay, let's save Luke."
     "Okay, I don't want to sound biased, but I think we have the best bet of saving Evelyn."
     "What do you mean? I know that Evelyn's your girlfriend, but news flash, Luke's been missing for longer so we can save both of we split up."
     "Look, I want to save Luke I really do, but-."
     "Oh, of course theirs a 'but'. Oh, 'but I'm a self centered ass hole who only cares about my girlfriend.'"
     "I mean Luke's gonna get thrown off the top of the building any second now and the stairs are gonna break if we climb up them so we can't get up their to save him, but we can save Xavier if we hurry up."
     "Can't we just catch Luke to wherever he falls?"
     "If we can find where he falls before he plummets to his death. And Evelyn is in a room with gasoline all over the floor and I saw a match. Maybe if we could save Evelyn on time we could also save Luke if we have enough people surrounding the building."
     "Fine, but I swear to fucking god if Luke dies because of this I'll make sure you're the next one."
     "Okay, fair I guess."

     We ran around the first floor, but it was all just open space. We carefully went to the next floor where Quinn, Xavier, and Rylie looked, than me, Isaac, Naomi, and River looked. We all split up on the floor, when we heard a scream. It was coming from behind me, so I ran. It was a scream of pain which I assumed had been from Evelyn I ran straight behind me down a long hallway where I started to hear another scream. I started to see a light at the end of the hallway, and as I got closer the screams turned into cried for help, and I saw Isaac looking blankly into the room in tears. The fire had stopped, but Evelyn wasn't there.
     I didn't know what to say, so I just said, "I'm so so sorry."
     "Shut up." He said, "if you didn't argue with me about saving Evelyn maybe she would still be here."
     I felt horrible. Why did I have to be so stupid and selfish. Maybe than she'd still be alive. "I know it's my fault. And I really regret saying what I said. I wished I could make it up to you."
     "I just wished I could've told her my secret before she died. Than I would've been fufilled."
     "If you want we could have a little ceremony for her. And you could say what you wanted to say to her."
     "It won't be the same, but I'd at least be able to get it off of my chest."
     "I'll go find the others."

     I got up, and went partially across the hall when I heard footsteps. I didn't know what it was at first, but I saw everyone behind me. We all walked to Isaac, and he stood up. He closed his eyes, and let a tear fall as he took a breath. "Can I just say a couple words?"
     "Yes," Quinn said, "anything you need to."
     "Okay." He said, "I'd first of all like to say, even with the little time we had, I'm so glad we were able to happen. I guess time just wasn't in our favor."
     He allowed more tears to pour out, and Xavier came and gave him a hug. Quinn joined in.
     "Take all the time you need." Xavier said.
     Isaac sniffled before continuing. "Next I'd like to say that I'll never forget you, and I swear on my life that after this, we'll make sure to get justice for everyone that died. I know this is something that was important to you and... I just... I really hope this is all done for something." His words caused him to break down, and I started crying too. I could see Xavier and Quinn trying to stay strong for him.
     "And last but not least, I've been wanting to tell you this forever. And I wished I could tell you while you were still alive. But here it's is now. I'm trans. I was born a girl, and I didn't want you to hate me so I never told you. But now I don't even get the chance. I just wished you could find out before you died." I felt proud of him for finally getting that off of his chest.
     "Wait Isaac." Said Xavier. "You're not biological a male?"
     Isaac looked down and said, "No, I'm sorry if this changes anything about our friendship. I've already lost my girlfriend, loosing you won't hurt that much more."
     Xavier hugged him a little bit tighter, "I'm so proud of you." I saw Quinn have a little smile. I could tell he was proud too.
     "I'm glad you finally feel confident to tell people." I said, and I gave him a small hug. Just than, we heard a muffled scream. Luke.