Chapter seven

It was time to go to the place where the tragedy had happened. I didn't want to give up though, I don't want to be scared, but I am scared. I went to Luke's house to go with him. Rylie was also at his house, but I knew something was wrong. His face was a little bit red, and his pale skin never gets that rosey unless something was going on.

"Are you okay Luke?" I asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine." He replied.
"Are you sure?" I said back.
"Yes."
"Are you sure?"
"No. Well ye- no, no I'm not okay."
"What's wrong?"
"Don't worry about it."
"I'm your best friend Luke, I want to make sure you're okay. I don't want you to be hurt."
"Okay. So long story short I have a crush on River and I'm too afraid to tell him partially because I don't want to make a fool out of myself if he doesn't like me back but mostly because I don't want our friendship to get ruined or for you and Rylie to get uncomfortable being around us and I've just been overthinking everything and my mom doesn't know that I'm not straight and I don't know what her reaction will ne and I just don't want to upset everyone because of a crush."
"I will be happy for you no matter what you do. And if it helps you feel any better, even though your mom want's grandchildren, she's supportive of me, so at least you don't have to worry about your mom being homophobic like my mom."
"Yeah I guess. I also just don't want to be a burden by being too clingy."
"You won't be a burden. It's important to hold onto the ones you love, and out of all people, River wouldn't mind you being clingy at all."
"I feel a little better, but that doesn't mean they'll like me back."
"Would you rather tell them or hide your feelings away from them forever?"
"Hide my feelings away forever."
"Their your best friend Luke, they won't be upset."
"I guess."
"We should probably go soon, for all we know they might've already gone to the treehouse."
"Yeah, okay let's go."
"Finally," Rylie said, "you guys were taking forever, and we could've talked about that on the walk there."
"But we're going to Rivers." I said.
"Well on the walk to Rivers." Rylie said.

     We walked to Rivers house then walked to the gas station. In the distance, I could see them already walking. We ran to catch up with them.
     "Finally," Evelyn said, "what took you guys so long?"
     "Stuff." I said.
     "Well we're headed to the tree house right now." Evelyn said.
     "No shit, I have eyes." I replied.
     "Damn the attitude." Evelyn quietly mumbled.
     "I heard that asshole." I said.
     "You don't have to be so angry all the time. Relax a little, would you?" Isaac said.
     "Shut the fuck up asshole, I never asked for your input."
     "Geez," he said, "I was just saying you should relax a little. My god, why are you so defensive?"
     "Hm, I don't know, maybe because you're the one that made half the school fucking hate me and harass me 24/7." I snapped.
     "Well I- okay yeah, valid reason." He said.
     "Why did you even do that anyways? That's awfully transphobic of you." I said.
     "I honestly don't know. I fucked up, I thought we could move on from that." He said nervously.
     "The only reason you're here is because of Evelyn so don't even act like you've ever cared about me." I said, not realizing my voice raised. He stopped talking and just looked down. I could see Evelyn giving me a glare, but I honestly didn't care. It's not like we're friends or will ever be friends anyways.

After a little bit of walking, we finally made it. The place my sisters friends died. They were only 11, they didn't deserve it. I held back my tears as I saw the terror. I refused to ever go back to the treehouse until tonight, and I kind of wished I never came. Though I continued trying to hold back my tears, I broke down. I couldn't help myself, they just poured down.

I tried to hide it, but I could see almost everyone looking at me. The only 2 who didn't look at me were boys with the names of Quinn Yu and Xavier Henderson. Xavier is a Latino boy with fairly long dark brown hair. He's not what I'd call "popular" but he's pretty well known. He's one of the tallest guys in our grade. I remember Rylie had a crush on him in 8th grade when he got his braces off. He's star player of the JV basketball team, but he doesn't look very happy while playing.

Quinn is an Asian boy with short black hair. Him and I talked quite a few times when I was still friends with Isaac. He's still best friends with Isaac, but he's the only one of his friends that didn't bully me once I was outed. He's popular, but the nice kind of popular. He's shy and introverted, but he's very athletic. He plays football, basketball, hockey, and baseball, yet he's equally good at all of them. If you were to look at him, you'd think he's very small, and weak, and not very good at sports, but he's the complete opposite.

"Are you alright?" A girl named Naomi asked.
"What does it look like?" I replied.
"We can leave if you want, I'm not gonna make you-" Evelyn said before I interrupted with, "No, it's fine, I can handle it."
"Are you sure?" Evelyn asked.
"Are you saying you don't want me here?" I asked.
"No I'm just saying I understand if this is too much for you, I know you skipped a couple grades so your younger than us." Evelyn replied.
"Oh, so your saying just because I'm younger then you means I'm not capable of being here because of my trauma? If anything I've been through way more than you have since you have a great life with your perfect loving mom and dad in your perfect house."
"You have no idea what I've been through, and you have no idea what my parents have put me through."
"I'm just saying just because I'm younger does not mean I'm any less capable of being here than you do."
"And I'm just saying that just because I've had a lot of privileges does not mean I have any more of loving parents than you."
"Can we just stop arguing and-" Isaac paused.
"What's wrong?" Evelyn said. Isaac put up his index finger to his lips to indicate we should be silent. I was at first confused, but then I heard something. It sounded like light footprints. I looked around to see if anyone was moving, but everyone was frozen still. I heard a stick snap in half, then all of a sudden the one light from the treehouse that didn't break started strobing. Everyone looked over at the treehouse, confused and horrified, when all of the sudden I heard a stabbing sound. I quickly turned my head around to see someone I don't know, but I've seen in our group bleeding from the chest and coughing up blood. "Robbie!" Evelyn screamed. She ran up to them to see if they were okay, but they obviously weren't.
"Evelyn." Robbie said with blood dripping out of their mouth, "I don't feel so good."
"Robbie," Evelyn said tearing up, "I promise you will make it, we'll get you to a hospital as soon as we can, I promise you we won't let you die."
"I don't think that's possible." A deep voice said. All of a sudden a dark shadow figure emerged from the woods with a giant knife.
"What the fuck do you want?" Evelyn screamed.
"Revenge." The shadow figure said as he went up to Evelyn in a flash and cut her arm. He went up to Robbie and stabbed them in the eye and dragged the knife down to their throat as blood rushed out. They tried to talk, but they couldn't manage to say any last words. Evelyn started crying as the shadow figure started laughing.

The shadow figure suddenly disappeared as Isaac went up to hug Evelyn. Everyone had horrified looks on their faces, when suddenly Quinn tried to escape. He ran away the same direction that we came in, but it seemed as though there was some type of force field keeping us from escaping. At that moment, everyone realized there was no escaping this tragedy, and we were all fucked.