Watching The Fallout

Havi/Nina
I am so glad I gave the woman a fake name. I don't think she will be getting out any time soon because they went through everything in her home and they found enough to get a warrant on all her and her husbands properties. No one can find Richard Lincoln. They are starting to think she and her male friends killed him. They found a young boy tied to a bed naked and no names have been released to protect the minors. I am sitting in the back when a face I recognize asks me if he can sit beside me. I nod to him and my security. He introduces himself as Raymond Steele and says I am assuming you are Nina Davis and I owe my daughters safety to you thank you very much.

Ray
I couldn't believe I am seeing the same smile on a face as she enters the courtroom to see what is going to happen to mrs Lincoln. I ask to sit by her and she nods to her security and to me. I whisper to her about assuming she is Nina Davis and I owe my daughters safety and thank her very much. She turns her head and says she had to keep that monster Carla away from her. I knew then I was right, but I know the name is fake. She hands me a card and I have to take a second look and it is Haviland Cross. She has been missing from board meetings for years. She manages them through other means and so far it's working but people started questioning if she is still alive. Well she's alive and just hand3d me proof. I ask her if she would like to join me for dinner at my home along with Anastasia.

Havi
I ask if my security can come and he agrees to let us come and he gives me the address like I need it at all, but I take it anyway. We listen to the charges of Mrs Lincoln, Tim Aldridge and Albert Finn all were involved with what happened to the two teens. More charges are pending against all three after thorough searches of all three individuals properties and no bail is set. I suspect more than one of us may have insisted that these predators were dangerous young people.

Ray
We'll see you at dinner, I shake her hand.

Havi
I don't normally have dinner with someone I barely know, but I know he takes great care of Anastasia and that's what counts to me.

Dinner
Ray
I tell Anastasia that we are having a special guest join us for dinner. She likes getting guests for dinner. We fix dinner and wait for our guest to arrive. Security escorts Havi to the dining room and I thank them and welcome the security and Havi. I made sure to set plates for the two security people. We sit at one end and them at the other so they can watch their charge. Havi has been busy with Anastasia and soon we are eating. Anastasia asks her all kinds of questions and she returns the favor. Anastasia has invited her to go to the park with us and come over to swim with us or go on our boat. I would say Anastasia's become attached to Havi.

Havi
Anastasia is such a beautiful child and likes to know about people. Her questions were good and she and I both ask questions back and forth, then she asks me to join them at the park, a swim and going out on their boat. I need to see if it's okay with Ray. He tells her that it is okay with him, but I have to check with my schedule and see if I am free. I tell them to call me and I can adjust my schedule to join them, I just need a date. Soon dinner is over, but Anastasia wants me to stay and watch a move they have decided to watch tonight. It's a minions movie, something cute.

Ray
Anastasia charmed Havi into staying until we put her to bed and read her favorite bedtime story. It was a book that was in her diaper bag when I got her back. I walk her out to her car and I give her my number so she and I can set things up.

Havi
I did the right thing getting Anastasia back to you. After Carla just dumped Anastasia on me a total stranger, I was told that she was hiding from an abusive husband and needed to hide Anastasia. I am so very sorry that I didn't check out everything. I would have gotten her back to you sooner.

Ray
Carla could be very convincing and you could also see the baby was innocent and wanted to protect her from anyone and everyone who might hurt her. Including Carla herself. I believe you did just that when you disappeared with her so Carla couldn't find you or her. You definitely were hard to find and we would have found you after she called you and told you she was on her way to get Anastasia. Your instincts were right to run.  I am glad you called me to come get her from the bus station, no doubt you had people assuring her safety and that I was the only one that could pick her up. I thank you again. Can I hug you for giving me my heart back.

Havi
I don't know what to say to this man, but I let him hug me and for the first time in a while I feel safe in his arms. We hold each other for a few minutes. We make arrangements to go to the park and I start to open my car door, but he stops me and opens it for me and makes sure I am in safely. He watches as our cars go through the gates and I can't see him anymore. I can't wait until I see them at the park.