General Tano | part 2 |

Start from the beginning

Slowly and steadily, she traced the pen along his wrist, 'Mi will nagh leave yeh, Sa'daar.' It read in Tortugi.

He recognized the word 'never' and tilted his head, "What does it say?"

She blushed a little and said, "It means, 'I will never leave you,' "
She hesitated and looked away, "...brother"

His eyes widened a bit and he smiled, pulling her close, "If, I'm your brother then you're my sister." He whispered into her montrals.

She smiled into his chest.

How long they sat there they didn't know, but when their comm links beeped, they realized they were about to leave hyperspace, meaning they had been laying there for more than two hours.

He sighed and she pulled off from him to stand, "Go change, we're landing soon." She laughed as he protested, "I have to change too!" She exclaimed when he was still refusing.

"Go!" She grinned, pushing him out.
He finally gave in and left, pouting.

============

"Rex," Ahsoka called as the door swooshed opened, he turned, "Brief me."

She joined him and he spoke up, "A distress call from Shili was heard, possibly from a town that was being enslaved."

She sighed, "Anakin isn't going to like this one bit."

"Not like what?" Anakin asked as he stepped onto the bridge.

Ahsoka's shoulders slumped a bit, "We got a distress call from a village. We think it that was being attacked by slavers."

She felt his force signature twinge with anger.

"But we're not sure." Rex tried to reassure Anakin.
"If it is, we'll be ready." Anakin said with a stony expression.

Ahsoka knew he was hiding his anger but she didn't push.
"Jumping out of hyperspace." A clone announced.

Ahsoka nodded to Anakin.
Sending soothing waves through their bond, hoping it would comfort him.

Although she didn't seem to understand his anger was for her.

==============

The ship landed on a grassy land with trees and a blue sky, the troops walked down the ramp and began to set up camp as Ahsoka and Anakin shouted orders.

Anakin nudged Ahsoka in the hip and said, "So?"
"So, what?" She answered, preoccupied.
"How do you feel?" He asked,
"Uh, nervous, I guess."
She replied, he huffed, "That's it?"

She looked at him perplexed, "Yeah? Anakin, what's up?"

"Ahsoka, you haven't been here since Master Plo found you."

"That's not true actually." She retorted, "I was here when I was eight, to hunt an akul for my headdress."

He groaned, "Ahsoka, you know what I mean."

She sighed softly, "Anakin, this place isn't my home, I was born here that's true, but I barely remember my family for force's sake!"

He turned quiet than spoke up, "I guess I just expected you to be more...excited."

She laid a hand on his shoulder reassuringly, "I am excited, I want to help my people, but Shili isn't my home anymore."

He looked at her, he didn't need to crane his neck as much to look at her anymore, it was weird, she had grown so much, her lekku was longer and her montrals higher.

He sighed internally but cracked a smile at his former padawan, "Alright." He finally said. She smiled and took her hand off his shoulder.

He smirked, "You sure?"
She looked about ready to punch him and she might have if he hadn't thrown his head back and laughed.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes and turned back to her men, Drip, her second in command walked over to her and took off his helmet, holding it under his left arm, "Camp is ready Sir, awaiting orders."

She nodded and observed her surroundings, "Anakin, call Rex over, we have to strategize."

He nodded and commed Rex, "Do we have a location for the distress call?" He asked as they waited for the clone captain.

"Yes sir." Drip answered, "We're around an hour away from the town by foot."

Ahsoka nudged him, "Relax, Drip, everything will be fine."

It was Ahsoka's first time with her newly appointed troops out on a mission like this one, and she could feel his anxiety through the force.

His tensed shoulders relaxed a bit and he looked up as Rex joined them, "Sir." He nodded to both generals.

They walked to one of the military tents containing a holoprojector for strategy use. they set themselves around the round projector and Drip turned it on.

"We're only an hour away from the town, we don't have much information about it apart from that."

Ahsoka hummed, "We should send a recognition party before we take any action."

"A stealth squad," Anakin suggested, "Lead by you." He added.

Rex spoke up, "It does seem like the most effective way to find out more, the people will trust one of their own more than us."

Drip nodded in understanding then turned to Ahsoka, "General, what do you think?"

She hummed, a hand brought up to her chin, a gesture she had picked up from her grandmaster.

"I'll do it." She then turned to Drip, "Get your best men for this mission ready, we'll be leaving soon."

He nodded, saluted her, and left the tent.
Rex chuckled, "He's eager to make an impression on you." He noted with an amused smile, Ahsoka laughed, "Well, he is under the command of the, former padawan of the chosen one."

Anakin's features curled into smug smirk, "I am pretty amazing."

Ahsoka rolled her eyes, Rex smiled at her, "Anyway, you'll be fine, they trust you."
He assured her.

She smiled, "Thanks Rex."
He nodded and Anakin spoke up, "We'll be ready for you, call for backup if you have to."

She nodded and her features fell into a serious expression, she turned and was stopped in her tracks, "Anything you want to say, Skyguy?" She asked with a smirk, feeling his conflicted feelings through the force. He cleared his throat, hesitating,

"Good luck, Snips."

She grinned and turned her head towards him, "Don't need it."

He gave her a knowing look, and she just smiled, walking out the tent to her men.

Boom, delivered as promised.
There will be a part 3, (obviously)
Hope you enjoyed :)