Kaiya - 61

The sea has been quiet the past few hours. Kaiya is exhausted, but relieved to have fled from the capital without any losses. Michi, Thyra, and Hiyoko had stayed on deck to keep her company; but fell asleep bundled together under a blanket. I wonder if father will mind if we move the other girls in Ukiyo with them? I should at least offer it... They deserve the chance to choose for once. I don't think father would even need to be hospitable for long. They all work so hard they'd probably have the village rebuilt in a week. Is that wrong? Maybe a little... But... If Ukiyo's people were still alive they'd welcome them. They wouldn't represent the same ominous threat my father must have for them.... Yeah, I think they'd want these girls to have a safe place to themselves.

She looks over to the sleeping trio and smiles. I don't think they'd stay behind... I couldn't convince Michi not to follow me no matter how hard I tried... A temptation directs her thoughts to considering using Shihai to ensure they all stay in Ukiyo. Every time she thinks about needing something from someone she's instantly consumed with a hunger to just use the blade. Shush, you, if I use you it'll be to silence Saito for good... Kaiya is determined to keep Shihai safe from anyone's use, but the draw to wielding its power again feels almost as strong as the pull to the wine cabinet down in her quarters.

That's why I'm not letting go of this wheel tonight... If I start drinking now I'm not sure I'll stop... She's startled as Michi reaches around her waist and clings close. "You're going to tire out your arms holding the wheel that tight... Are you okay?"

"I thought you were asleep..."

"I was, but dreaming about you isn't as fun as just being here."

That's too cute... fuck... "I'm alright, just haven't gotten used to this wheel being so heavy."

Michi hums quietly and remains quiet for several seconds before speaking."It's kinda flattering, you know..."

"Huh?"

"How beautiful she is... you must have some really high standards if that was your girlfriend."

Kaiya leans her head back against Michi's. "I'm hopeless for a pretty girl, what can I say?"

"There was such an adorable sparkle in her eye when she saw you... even in all that chaos she couldn't help noticing how gorgeous you are, love."

"Oh? And what about you? Ready to throw my crazy ass overboard yet?"

Michi giggles. "Never, I'm keeping you right here no matter what."

"That's a whole lot of faith in how much longer I can steer this ship."

Michi shrugs. "Whatever, just let it crash. This ship is a giant eye sore anyway... Too many awful memories."

"We'll find a replacement soon... But... I might miss it a little..."

"Really? All the gaudy dayrealm art hit my last nerve the moment I stepped on board..."

Kaiya laughs a little. "I won't miss any of that. But this is where I got to know you... Of course I'll be a little sad to let go of a place where I fell in love..."

Michi clings tighter, speaking softly into Kaiya's ear from behind. "You're sure you still love me? Even though she's alive?"

Kaiya turns so she can look Michi in the eyes, the faint glow of violet from her own lights up Michi's supple skin. "I do still love her, even though I'm terrified of what she's become and what she might do if we meet her again. But that doesn't change anything I feel about you, Michi... I really do love you."

Michi squeaks with a bit of joy. "I love you too."

"Besides... Hiyoko would kill me if I didn't."

"Ohhh, yeah don't break my heart she'll lose it. You do not want to know the diabolical shit she used to do to anyone that messed with me or Thyra..."