Kaiya - 51

What the hell is going on?! What could possibly be pushing a god back?! Kaiya watches up the coast from the harbor confused who could be fighting with Akko. There's no way that's Yumi... dark magic or whatever that is wouldn't be her way...

Hiyoko runs up, having found a small telescope. "Whoever it is must be strong. The force of those explosions must be immense."

Michi takes it before Kaiya can and holds it up to her eye looking over the scene. Tell me already! What is it?! "Michi! What do you see?!"

She pulls the glass away. "It's... just two girls..."

Hell no... do not tell me... Kaiya grabs the telescope, but Michi doesn't let go. "Just let me see! What if–"

"It is, Kaiya... it has to be..."

"Michi, it's okay, just let me look. Is she the one doing this?"

Michi shakes her head and lets go. Thyra's chains ring as she swings the anchor off her back. "If just two girls then let's go take care of them!"

Kaiya finds them in her sights and conflict screams inside her. Yumi... You're really alive... It's really you...

Then her eyes settle on Sapha. Who the hell are you? A reaper? Is that how you're so strong? Kaiya looks for a few more moments before the heat of fury builds up. I know my Yumi... And you are far too pretty... I think I know who the fuck you are...

Kaiya returns the scope to Hiyoko with a patiently grateful nod. Thyra seems excited. "So... We going to fight them to help Akko?"

Kaiya shakes her head. "No, just me, stay with the ship. I don't want to risk any of—"

"Like fucking hell you're going alone!" Michi startles Kaiya. "I just... need a weapon. Hold on!" She runs back up the ramp into the ship.

Kaiya smirks at Thyra. "Don't make me use the sword to order you to keep her here."

Thyra steps to Kaiya with a scowl. "Do not ever threaten such thing. If this Yumi so strong then I will not let you go alone either."

She signs a formation in Clancast with her hand over her forehead, fingers spindled tightly. "My heart is Feilanrir, clan of Dawnwolf, loyal to death. And you are my sister."

Kaiya looks to Hiyoko, who chuckles. "I told you, these two weirdos like to fight. I will stay right here and plan what to do if you three get squashed by tentacles."

"Your confidence in us is so encouraging..." Kaiya has no intention of fighting Yumi, she spent years learning how hopeless that effort would be and isn't about to get arrogant. She has one target and one shot. "Fine, I need to take down that reaper or whatever she is... I can do it with Shihai and then we're running back here, okay? I don't care if you like fighting, we are NOT fighting Yumi."

Hiyoko huffs and mutters. "Someone's struggling to let go."

Kaiya growls at her, seeing Michi returning with a staff. "Not helpful."

Michi leans on Thyra's shoulder. "I half-expected you'd run off anyway, let's do this!"

Thyra sighs. "We not getting to fight Michi, not unless Kaiya misses with god sword."

Michi's excitement deflates. "You mean I don't get to fight her?"

Kaiya snaps at all of them. "Would you three stop it?! I'm just trying to make sure you get out of here alive! If Yumi kills the three of us I swear to all the gods I hope I have enough breath left to tell you I warned you."

Thyra brightly smiles with a laugh. "Deal! No more stalling!"

Kaiya looks over, Akko hasn't even landed another blow on the palace; it's been battered back so much by the flurry of explosives. I just have to make sure I hit her and then... I hope you care about her too much to come after me right away... I'm sorry Yumi... But I'm sure you hate me enough already...

They jump off the dock and run up the beach. Kaiya keeps them at an angle to hopefully stay out of sight. It looked like Yumi was totally fixated on that girl... What is she doing? It doesn't matter... As long as she doesn't see us...

As they get closer she can see Akko better. Although the blasts are keeping it from the city, there's no signs of any wounds. That's good... You'll still be able to finish the job... Hold on Akko, we're coming...

Thyra says in amazement. "How is it taking those fire things and not getting hurt?"

"I can't imagine they feel good..." Michi seems worried.

Thyra snarls. "Then we must stop her!"

Confident they're close enough. Kaiya unsheathes Shihai. The blade shines crimson with the intensity of the sun as she fixates on Sapha. Let's show them what you can really do, Shihai.

She slices with all her strength, focusing all the power of the blade in her hands at the girl. A beam fires from the blade, every trace of light released. The thin beam forms into a dragon with a thunderous roar, twisting as it soars toward its mark.

You won't stop me.

Yumi pushes Sapha aside, locking her glowing violet eyes with Kaiya.

All Kaiya sees is heartbreak.