Yumi - 9

A sudden searing burn surges through Yumi's body as Kaiya's blade pierces out through her chest from behind. Yumi's been stabbed before; bludgeoned, battered, sliced, even burned. Something about the katana protruding from her and glistening with her blood feels impossibly torturous. Oddly not from the pain, but knowing whatever drove Kaiya to this moment is somehow her fault. Yumi wishes the blade had just killed her in an instant.

Please just end it now...

If you've hated me this much...

End it all... please... please...

Yumi clutches her mother's sword tightly and struggles to stand, blood seeps into her robe as she turns to see Kaiya... crying... the blade dropped to the ground... tears running down her face.

No... No, how could you?

You don't get to do that.

Not after all this

She holds Yumi's face gently, for all the hatred and anger she had earlier... Here is the same girl Yumi fell for years ago, running a hand through her hair as she presses her lips to Yumi's one last time.

This is all I want

This is my everything

But why does it hurt

Kaiya leans her head to Yumi's, "Goodbye 'zumi..." She pushes Yumi as hard as she can, throwing her off the cliff's edge to fall into the waves below. Time still doesn't feel right for Yumi. The whole day might as well be a nightmare, any moment to be broken out of to start the real thing just like every other day and everything will be normal. But she's not waking up, she's just falling, and nothing is normal.