Chapter 19: Not expelled today

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟 2 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 19: 𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦

"𝐺𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑝𝑖𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒"

╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

First of all our arrival here in Hogwarts riding a car in the sky was pleasant but the landing part sucked I swear, I almost puked in agony thankfully Hermione was there to hold my hand at least. We were cold and bruised we end up dragging our trunks toward the great oak front doors.

"I think the feast's already started," Ron said, Dropping his trunk at the foot of the front steps and crossing quietly to look through a brightly lit window.

"Ya think?" I said sarcastically

"Hey Y/n, Hermione come and look it's the sorting!"

Me and Hermione Hurried over and together we peered into the great hall

A Magical Evening at Hogwarts: Welcoming First-Years and Searching for Snape
The Great Hall was aglow with countless hovering candles above the four long tables, glistening the golden plates and goblets. The bewitched ceiling, which always reflected the sky outside, sparkled with stars.

As first-years, looking anxious under their pointed black hats, filed into the hall, Ginny caught our eye with her striking Weasley hair. Meanwhile, Professor McGonagall, a witch with spectacles and hair in a tight bun, placed the famous Hogwarts Sorting Hat on a stool before the newcomers.

"I could use some sleep," I yawned, Hermione and Ron, gave me a quizzical look.

"Wait...Where's Snape? There's an empty chair at the staff table," Hermione asked, turning to me.

"I don't know, he could be lurking in the hallways," I shrugged.

"Maybe he's ill!" Ron eagerly suggested.

"Come on, Ron, He may be strict but he is nice sometimes," I smiled, but Ron continued on.

"Or maybe he's gone for good because he missed out on the defense against the dark arts job again!" Ron's enthusiasm was hard to dampen.

As we were standing there, a chilly voice made itself known,

"Or maybe, he's waiting to hear why you three didn't arrive on the school train."

Hermione and Ron whirled around to face the sev obviously, but I turned my head slowly. He was glaring at me with an intense anger that made me step back. He demanded,

"Follow me," he instructed, briefly pausing and looking in our direction. 

"You two can head to the great hall, and Y/n, come with me," he added, leaving me bewildered.

"Excuse me professor but y/n did nothing wrong at all," Hermione said

"That's right professor you didn't even ask us what happened," Ron said feeling brave

"SILENCE," Sev said "Y/n will be the one to answer my questions and I'll see to it if you guys deserve a 1-month detention or not"

Hermione and Ron were about to protest but I just told them to not worry and let me handle this moody old man because it seemed he favored me out of all the Gryffindors.