Chapter 7: Mountain Troll & Quidditch

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7: 𝑀𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑇𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑙 & 𝑄𝑢𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ

"𝐵𝑒 𝑎 𝑠ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡"

╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

3rd person POV.

On Halloween night, the Great Hall was illuminated by floating Jack O'Lanterns, replacing the usual candles. Harry noticed Hermione and Y/n were missing and asked Neville where they were. Neville explained that Hermione was being consoled by Y/n in the girls' bathroom and that they had been there all afternoon. Harry looked disapprovingly at Ron, who shrugged. Suddenly, Professor Quirrell rushed into the hall in a state of panic, announcing that there was a troll in the dungeon. As Dumbledore rose from his seat, Quirrell passed out. The room fell silent until everyone began to panic, screaming and running. Dumbledore intervened, calming the crowd and instructing Prefects to lead their houses back to the dormitories while the teachers followed him to the dungeons.

Snape looks aghast, and he walks out through a doorway. A bit later, Percy is leading the house down a corridor.

"Gryffindors, keep up, please. And stay alert!"

"How could a troll get in?" Harry said

"Not by itself. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes."

Suddenly, Harry stops and pulls Ron aside.

"What?"

"Hermione! and Y/n They don't know"

As they dash down the corridors, Harry and Ron suddenly hear grunting and spot a large shadow on the wall.

"The troll must have left the dungeon!"

Harry pulls Ron into a doorway and they peek out to see a hideous troll lumbering into a room.

"It's headed for the girls' bathroom!"

Meanwhile, Hermione emerges from a stall, wiping her eyes. Suddenly, she spots the troll and freezes. As the troll raises its club and smashes the top of the stall, Hermione screams in terror. Just then, Harry and Ron burst into the bathroom.

"Hermione, move!"

The troll smashes the remaining stalls.

"Where's y/n?" Harry asked

"She was getting me food " Hermione replied

The boys start throwing wood pieces at the troll.

"Hey, pea brain!"

Ron throws wood and hits the troll on the head. Hermione escapes from the stalls to under a sink, but the troll sees her and goes to smash her. It cracks the sink and barely misses Hermione. Harry cringes.

"Ahhh! Help!"

Harry gets out his wand. He runs forward and grabs the troll's club, and is lifted up.

"Whoa!"

He lands on the troll's shoulders and is hurled around, back and forth. Harry's wand shoots up the troll's nose. The troll groans in disgust.

"Ew!"