Chapter 18:Flying to Hogwarts

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

𝑌𝑒𝑎𝑟 2 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 18:𝐹𝑙𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝐻𝑜𝑔𝑤𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠

"𝐴𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑑 𝑓𝑢𝑛"

╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

We got up early that morning, at precisely 8 o'clock. Molly was busy reminding Fred, George, and Ron to double-check their luggage, while Ginny was packing the clothes her mother had laid out for her. Hermione and I were ready to go and were already eating in the kitchen, waiting for the rest of the group to join us.

We headed out to the car, a small Ford Anglia. Since the car was tiny, I had to sit on George's lap, which wasn't a problem for me. Hermione sat next to me, on Fred's lap, while Ginny sat on Percy's lap, and Ron sat on Molly's. As we were getting settled, George whispered to me, "You might get a concussion later," and laughed.

I replied, "I'll hit you so hard that you'll be out of school for at least a month," and playfully smacked his arm. And we all got settled in the car before heading to the station.

As the station came into view, I noticed Ginny twirling her fingers. I took her hand and smiled, and she returned the gesture. We had arrived and walked towards Platform 9¾, with Arthur and Molly hurrying us along.

"It's 10:58. Hurry up!" exclaimed Arthur.

"The train will be leaving any moment," added Molly, urging us to move faster.

"Fred, George, Percy, you first!" instructed Arthur.

Fred pushed his cart through the barrier to Platform 9¾, followed by Percy and George.

"Don't worry, Sweetheart. It's your turn now, and you can do this," Molly comforted Ginny, patting her back.

Ginny pushed her cart and ran through the wall, with Arthur and Molly following closely behind.

"We'll save you a seat, Ginny. Quick!" Molly and Arthur exclaimed, rushing towards the train.

With Ginny gone, only Y/n, Hermione, and Ron remained.

"Let's go," I said, with Hermione and Ron trailing behind me.

As I pushed my cart towards the wall, I expected to pass through it and onto the platform. Instead, I crashed into the wall and tumbled to the ground. Ron and Hermione, who were following closely behind, also lost control of their carts and fell over. A station agent, who I recognized from a year ago, witnessed the commotion and approached us. We slowly got back on our feet, groaning in pain from our minor injuries.

"What do you Three think you're doing?" the man yelled at us as we struggled with the trolley.

"Sorry. Lo-lost control of the trolley," I apologized sheepishly. The agent shook his head and departed.

"Why can't we get through?" I asked Ron and Hermione as we tried to pass through the wall. Ron touched the bricks and realized they were solid.

"The gateway's sealed itself for some reason," Hermione fretted. We checked the wall ourselves and found it completely impenetrable.

As the clock chimed, we looked up to see the time: 11:00.

"The train leaves at exactly 11:00. We've missed it!" Hermione exclaimed in despair.

"Crap, what are we gonna do now?" I shrugged, feeling helpless.

Ron's face turned pale with a realization. "Y/n, Hermione... if we can't get through, maybe Mom and Dad can't get back," he said gravely.