Chapter 17:Am I in trouble?

╔⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤╗

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 17:𝐴𝑚 𝐼 𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒?

"𝑆ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠"

╚⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤╝

 As I woke up in the middle of the night, the peaceful silence filled the room. I looked over at Ron who was snoring loudly, while Hermione tried to muffle the noise with a pillow. Suppressing a chuckle, I stood up and walked towards the window, where the moon shone brightly in the sky. The sight was breathtaking, but suddenly, I felt the urge to use the toilet. As I was outside Ron's room, I heard faint whispers coming from upstairs. My curiosity was piqued, and I tiptoed up the stairs and stopped midway to listen closely. It was obvious that two people were having an argument.

"I think we should tell her," Fabian suggested.

"And then what? Voldemort shows up and murders her again?" an angry voice retorted.

"Enough, both of you," Sev whispered.

"What do we do then?" the twins asked in unison.

"We act normal, and nobody – I mean nobody – tells her anything," Sev instructed with authority.

As I stood there, I realized I had to leave quickly, or I risked getting caught eavesdropping. My curiosity had gotten the better of me. However, as I tip-toed away, I accidentally stepped on Ron's pet rat Scabbers, which bit me. I tried to stifle my reaction, but I couldn't help but yelp and fall to the ground. I hoped no one had heard me, but then I heard footsteps approaching me. I froze, hoping to avoid detection.

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Gideon knelt down to look at me.

"I got bit," I explained.

"How in the world did that happen? Sev asked.

"I accidentally stepped on Scabbers," I replied.

Sev handed me a piece of candy, saying, "Eat this, it'll make the pain go away."

Fabian asked, "What are you doing up in the middle of the night?"

Searching for an excuse, I replied, "I had to use the bathroom."

The three of them looked at me without suspicion.

Sev then declared, "Well, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning."

Surprised, I frowned. "What? You're leaving me?"

Sev reassured me, "No, no, I have some business to attend to. But I'll be back to check on you. Lupin will be here with your luggage, so get some sleep." He ruffled my hair affectionately.

Gideon chimed in, "Yeah, get some rest, kiddo."

I hugged all three of them and planted kisses on their cheeks before bidding them good night.

..................

The next morning, I was awakened by Hermione. I was still groggy and requested one more minute, but Hermione insisted we get moving. She led me to the bathroom so I could freshen up and lent me some clothes to wear.

"You look like a human being now," Hermione joked.

"Thank you for this," I replied with a smile.

Together, we made our way downstairs to the kitchen where Molly was making breakfast and Ron was waiting for us.