Life Tip #25- I'll Keep You Safe

Magnus looked peaceful when he slept. There was no sarcastic grin on his face, or daring look in his eyes.

Alec liked that.

He woke up before Magnus and watching him rise and fall with deep breaths.

Alec wiggled a hand free and extended his index finger, running it along Magnus' lips as gently as he could.

It was nearly nine and whoever Magnus was traveling with, coworker or not, was probably looking for him.

"Your lips are chapped," Alec whispered as Magnus opened his eyes.

"Thanks," Magnus said, sleepily.

There was the sarcasm.

But Alec kept going, memorizing the smooth and the rough of Magnus' lips. He would not forget.

Not again.

"Have you thought?" Magnus asked.

"It's hard to think when you're here," Alec murmured.

"Maybe if you weren't so obsessed with me," Magnus said. "And if you could stop teasing me and actually kiss me."

"Morning breath," Alec reminded him. But he snuggled up close to Magnus anyways.

"I had a dream like this once."

"When?" Alec asked. The top of his head rested just below Magnus' chin.

"In the hospital," Magnus said. Alec tilted his head up. "After the--"

Alec kissed the skin right under Magnus' chin.

Magnus forgot how to breathe, think, or function.

"Alec--"

He didn't stop, kissing in a line straight down Magnus' throat.

"Trying to talk here," Magnus said, squirming.

"Trying to kiss you here," Alec retorted, looking at Magnus.

Thunderous blue.

That's what color his eyes were today, Magnus decided.

Alec picked up where he left off, dragging his lips along Magnus' collarbone. He spoke in between kisses.

"I want to go to New York," Alec said. "I'm calling my boss today."

"Oh thank goodness," Magnus said.

"Why?" Alec asked, looking up again with an amused face. "You like this?"

"My dear Alexander, I love this. I love you."

"That's good enough for me," Alec said.

Four years later, and their dreams were finally happening.