Life Tip #18- Ice Cream Doesn't Solve Problems

By midnight the house was picked up and put back into relative order. An outsider wouldn't have been able to tell that any sort of death had occured or that anyone in the house was in mourning. That was how Maryse wanted it; that's how the boys made it.

Then they went to sleep in silence.

Magnus woke up alone to a muggy room. He took a few moments for himself, thinking in the silence. Then he kicked the sheets off the bed and got ready.

He and Alec really needed to get back to NYC. But convincing Alec made Magnus uncertain. He knew Isabelle and Maryse wanted him to stay; or go to Indiana State at least. That would leave Magnus with a choice he didn't want to make.

Bacon was frying in the kitchen.

The sound encouraged Magnus to spend a little less time getting ready.

"It's nice to see you haven't gone vegan or something new-age like that," Isabelle was saying from her place on the counter.

"You're hilarious," Alec sneered.

"I'm just saying," Isabelle said. "Rosie Porter's brother went to Portland and came back with long hair, tattoos all over his body, and AIDS."

"Lovely thought," Magnus said, interjecting as he entered. "Your brother can certainly identify with one of those ailments."

Isabelle raised an eyebrow. Alec wouldn't be getting out of this one.

"It's one tattoo," he admitted. Isabelle swore, demanding to see it.

Magnus snickered, flipping a piece of bacon off the pan and onto a plate.

"Okay, and technically I had it before I left," Alec said, snatching his spatula away from Magnus.

"Oh, because that makes it better," Isabelle laughed. "Is the bacon done yet?"

Alec rolled his eyes, turning back to Magnus.

"We should talk," Magnus whispered.

"I know," Alec said. He handed Magnus the spatula. "Let me get ready; we'll go out."

That left Magnus with Isabelle.

"So are you two getting married or what?"

"Um--"

"You're as awkward as he is," Isabelle chuckled.

"And you're just as obnoxious as he is," Magnus snapped.

"Wow, you better hope he didn't hear that."

"I did," Alec called from across the house.

Magnus shrugged it off.

Isabelle stared at him with amusement.

"Don't you have Barbies to play with?"

"Burned them all when I was 10," she sighed. "Extreme firefighting gone wrong."

"Alec mentioned something like that," Magnus sighed. She grinned and started walking out of the kitchen.

"Your bacon is starting to look like Ken's face, Bane!" The air smelled faintly of burning oil.

Magnus turned around to a face full of stifling smoke.

............

"Where are we going?" Magnus asked.

"Are you going to keep asking?" Alec asked, looking over.

"Probably," Magnus said.

"Ice cream shop in Milford."