Life Tip #9- Lying Shouldn't Be Comfortable

Acting was difficult.

Magnus hated seeing Alec in the halls of school, knowing he couldn't do anything.

And he hated waiting for Alec's texts, trying not to act too eager.

He hated it.

Alec hated the lying and sneaking around.

But they would have the entire weekend together, just as soon as the bell rang on Friday.

Catarina had asked to borrow Magnus' car anyways so Magnus' car wouldn't be sitting in the parking lot all weekend.

Magnus like the car ride to Indy because it was symbolic. His future lay in the city-- skyscrapers seen for miles around-- and his past, that awful town, was behind him. It was made even better with Alec in the driver's seat.

It had been consistently raining for the last week and the weatherman had predicted another week non-stop showers. The band had spent way too much time trying to figure out how they were going to get their precious instruments from the back of the club to the parking lot a few blocks away.

Magnus had become the groupie for the band and ended up lugging half a drum set down the sidewalk for a few blocks. Alec rewarded him with a furtive kiss that lasted half a second in the back of Simon's awful van.

Then they were driving back to the apartment, both of them bursting with anticipation, as they carried their overnight bags up the stairs.

Alec had barely shut the door and Magnus was trying to steal back the time they had lost last weekend.

Light-headed and riding on ecstasy, Alec kissed Magnus back and surrendered himself to the little piece of heaven they had created for themselves.

........

It was nearly three in the morning when Alec and Magnus had settled down.

They were laying in Luke's bed, Alec on his stomach, and Magnus squirming underneath the blankets because he just couldn't keep still.

"I barely know you," Alec said, staring at the lump that was Magnus.

Magnus' head popped up from beneath the sheet.

"Sure you do," Magnus said.

"I don't know your favorite color."

"Why would you need to know that?" Magnus asked.

"Because what if, say, you asked me to get you a toothbrush," Alec said. Magnus started smiling and Alec could barely finish his scenario without laughing. "Then I would need to know what color you wanted."

"I don't have a favorite color," Magnus said. "But the brighter the better."

"That doesn't help," Alec sighed, burying his face in the pillow.

"What's your favorite color?"

Alec mumbled something that sound like "due."

Magnus poked Alec's side.

"What?" Alec laughed.

"What else do you have to know about me?" Magnus asked.

"What are you doing next year?"

"NYU," Magnus said. "What about you?"

"Indiana State was the plan."

"But?"

"Why does there have to be a 'but?'" Alec asked, turning his entire body to face Magnus.

Hair fell into his face and Magnus moved closer to push it all away so he could see Alec's blue eyes.