Chapter 12.5: Just a Dream.

(This will be all in Jake's point of view)

I woke up that day, I was so confused though. What had happened? Last I remembered... Hailey's room had shattered into a white void... I saw Hailey... Fall...?

Vrmm

I heard my phone go off, looking over to it and reading the message...

"...Jake?... Please respond... Why aren't you in school?...'

Hailey... She's worried about me... she doesn't understand... No one does... this stupid voice...

I got off my bed and sat against the wall. I didn't reply to her, I just stared... This is what she must have been like when she left me on read... hah.. How the turn tables... I'm sorry Hailey... I don't have a choice...

After about a half hour, I walk out of my room, going over to the kitchen and cooking up some breakfast for me and Milo. I called him down and we had breakfast together. Mom already left for work a few hours ago, So we just enjoyed our breakfast... mostly, anyway.

"Jake...Why aren't you going to school? can I stay home too?"

Milo asks, causing me to look up at him. I felt my heart churning... How could I tell him what's going on? Simple... I can't.

"...I just feel off Milo... I'll eventually go back.. You need to go unless your feeling off too."

I say, causing him to groan. He just says some arrogant line about how spineless I am... I almost believed it, if only he hadn't quickly noticed my expression fall as he said it. As arrogant as he is, he still cares.. and like me, he knows how to read expressions.

"Sorry..."

He says, causing me to chuckle softly, I got up and gave him a hug. At this rate, he may be the last person I'll ever be able to share a happy moment with. You know, maybe that isn't so bad. Milo and Oreo.. I love them both. My dumb lil bro and my snarky dog. The thought brought a smile to my face, for once this past week I just genuinely smiled.. It felt nice after everything I've been seeing... I say a week but it's felt like weeks....

"It's alright Milo, Don't worry..."

I tell him, causing my younger bro to hug me back, Oreo even ran up to us and tackled us down, licking us both. We both laugh and share a good ol moment between the three of us.

Eventually, Milo was off to school, and Jake was alone with Oreo. Maybe this could be fine... I could just stay with Oreo all day... I hugged my dog and laid down on the couch. Oreo seemed to enjoy it as he laid on my stomach.

... I ended up going to school, I got another text

'I'm sorry I didn't forgive you... I know you weren't lying... Please... at least reply'

I felt guilt takeover my emotions, and I started to walk a bit faster.

Back to third person cause first person is killing me 🥲

Jake got all the way to his school campus and looked around... He saw Hailey looking down, upset as the club was around her. They were trying to find out what was wrong. She of course didn't tell them, so he Just walked by, not interacting but he could feel the glares of Zander and Milly from behind. He stopped walking... for some reason this reminded him of that one line in that one game...

'You feel your sins crawling on your back.'

Jake shivered, then walked away again, sweating slightly. He felt like the weight of earth was on his back. His head hung low as he traversed the long hallways. He heard the bell ring and he had just reached his class. He entered and sat down in his usual spot, no one said a word to him, and he was just fine with that. He just... sat through the lesson, Trying to ignore his surroundings. apart from the teacher of course.

Eventually, The lesson ended and first period was over. The bell hadn't rang yet so the students were talking amongst each other. That was when the unexpected had happened for Jake... A notebook was placed down next to him... a brown one, with music notes on the cover. Jake turned his head, seeing... Hailey?...

"Hey..."

She started, Jake flinches, Looking at her. He noticed her hair was a bit.. messy.

"Uhm... Hey..."

He says back, looking down.

"...What's up?..."

Hailey asked, Jake turning back to her, his eyes reflecting the confusion in his mind. Hailey was.. trying to start small talk, but Jake didn't understand why.

"...The new usual..."

Jake replied, Hailey frowning, she took hold of his wrist. Her eyes had sympathy laced in them. Jake now understood why she was talking to him.

"...I don't need your pity Hailey... I did this to myself... I let you down... I let... everyone down."

Jake frowned to himself, and Hailey looked down.

"You did. But... Even if I haven't forgiven you... You still apologized... I know... you meant it as well... I could tell..."

Jake looked away.

"...I love you."

Jake says, causing Hailey to flinch, and almost every other student as well.

"...What?!"

Hailey says in complete shock.

PFFFHAHAHAHAAAA HOLY SHIT WHAT THE HECK???

Jake heard the voice speak, everyone fading away.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU JUST CONFESS LIKE THAT?!? PFFDAHSHAH

Jake slightly snickered...

You're just having fun with this now aren't you. God i did not expect that.

"What can I say? If you're going to torture me, may as well make myself have some fun."

The world then rewinds, Jake ended up back to before he abruptly confessed like that. Hailey had a somber look on her face, and Jake was trying his best not to laugh at what he had done previously. Hailey looked at him confused. 

"Uh...Jake?"

Jake sighs.

"Sorry, I was thinking about something."

Hailey just looked at him weirdly. Then chuckles.

"Let me guess, how this could be seen as a cheesy Anime confession?"

Jake snickered, nodding his head which causes Hailey to laugh as well. The two decided to talk for a little while, Jake almost forgetting his entire Delema, but the bell soon chimes, and the two stopped talking. Jake sighs, watching Hailey leave the room. 

The scene started to turn dark... Jake sighs again, looking towards the figure.

Did you think I was gonna let you have that?

"Nope."

...Then why even try?

"Because, At least talking to her helps. and you let me. Why? I don't know.

The figure sighs, snapping it's fingers and sets Jake back home. 

Jake didn't go to school this time, only spending the day at home...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes this is short, don't worry, chapter 13 is already in progress :) sorry i haven't uploaded in a while though.