Chapter 13: The end is just another beginning.

Jake stares at Hailey, who had a soft, gentle smile

"Hailey..."

Hailey softly tightens her grasp around him.

"It's going to be okay Jake... Things will eventually turn out okay... We just need to try."

Jake smiled, for once in the past week, he finally felt some sort of warmth, some kind of comfort after everything he's been through.

"Thank you Hailey... Thank you so so much..."

He held onto her as if his life depended on her.

"Come on Jake, Let's get you home. We're almost there"

Hailey says, Her eyes locked onto his, and Jake nodded, the two making their way back to the Sterling household. Hailey brought him inside, Milo ran to his brother and hugged him tightly. Jake flinched, but smiles, chuckling as he pulled his little brother up and hugged him back

"Sorry Milo... I didn't mean to scare you..."

Milo scoffed, trying to play it off.

"Yeah right.. I wasn't scared... Knew you'd come back anyway."

He rolled his eyes, Jake snickered, continuing to hug Milo, Hailey smiling at the two Sterling brothers.

A few days pass after everything that's happened, Jake finally started returning to school, and everything seemed to be going okay now. There were still a few... incidents. Hailey realized that Jake can't stay in the same room as any of the club members except her. Whenever he was with them, He always had a fake ecstatic expression, but Hailey always got the hints that he was mentally panicking the entire time... and not in an eccentric way.

Hailey pulls Jake aside one time, closing the door behind them as she looked up at him.

"Hey, Jake... Are you okay?"

She asked cautiously, Jake simply nodding, trying to play it cool... But Hailey saw through it.

"You can be honest with me Jake, I know the truth... and I forgive you, Honest..."

Jake's smile started to fade as he wrapped his arms around her.

"...The memories... They're swirling again... What if he does it again... What if..."

Hailey gently put a hand up to Jake's cheek

"Jake... You can't just focus on the what ifs... Besides... If he repeats it again... You know in your heart that I'll always forgive you. The others will too... We all love you, Jake... No matter how long it takes, I know you will always find your way back into our hearts... No matter how many times he makes you relive the same day.. Always remember how I feel... Cause I know how the other me feels with you too.. No matter how far into the future... or even the past... I'll always accept you, Jake... and... I think future me would probably say this better but... Our hearts have been touched by you Jake... You really do have a heart of gold.. You just can't always show it..."

Jake started to tear up as she talked, His body trembled slightly as his hug around her got tighter. He held back sobs, managing to choke out a

"Thank you..."