eighteen

Thursday | 8:30am

*beep beep beep

The sound of Jieun's alarm had managed to wake her up. She tiredly reaches over to her nightstand to grab her phone and turn the alarm off. Sitting down on her bed as she rubs her eyes to gain consciousness.

Jaemin

| I left some painkillers on your nightstand to help with your hangover
| thought I'd tell you through messages and not through a note because written notes have been a bit traumatising lately 😭
| I hope you'd read this in time before the tournament starts!
| if you need me, I'll already be in the ice rink warming up :D
| don't miss my tournament  >:(((!!!!
sent 7:45am

She looks over at her nightstand to see the painkillers that Jaemin had left as well as a glass of water. Jieun immediately taking it and swallowing the painkillers to help soothe her aching headache.

"What happened last night?" She asks herself. Failing to recall any memories from last night. How'd she even end up in her room?
She quickly shakes her head before standing up and leaving her room to use the bathroom. This is why she doesn't drink, because when she gets really drunk she can't remember anything.

--- ৎ୭

"Jieun you're here!" Jaemin cheers once he sees Jieun entering the ice rink. He skated to the other side of the rink where she was at. Happy to see her again.
"Sorry for coming here so late. I must have had a lot to drink last night. But I've already organised..."
Ahh there it is. The old Jieun back. Very straight forward, restricted and not as laid back as she was last night. He already missed her very cute and playful side.
Jaemin wasn't listening to what Jieun was saying. He was far too busy staring at her face. The memories of them kissing last night replaying in his head. She must have not remembered anything that happened last night as she didn't care to bring anything up. Well I guess that's a good thing for him. It can be his own little secret for the meantime.

"Hey Jaemin are you even listening to what I'm saying?" She calls him out. Waving her hands in front of his face to wake him up from his daydream.
"O-oh yes. Yes i was listening." He quickly answers and paid attention to what she was actually saying this time.
"Alright then. The tournament is about to start in ten minutes. It'd be best if you changed into your outfit right now." She tells him as he nods his head before getting out of the rink and taking his skates off before leaving to go to the changing room.

Once he was out of site, Jieun quickly did a last check up of the place before she took her phone out to call someone. Her action getting interrupted when someone poked her shoulders from behind.
"Jesus you scared me Renjun." She stated, a hand placed above her beating heart.
"Sorry about that." He said as he scratches the back of his neck. The two of them just standing there awkwardly. They're not the friendliest of all people and the last time they talked, it ended into a big argument.

She observes him, seeing how dark his under eye circles were. Probably from not being able to sleep properly after hearing the news. His eyes were also bloodshot red, a reason why he was wearing a hat today to cover his face. Seeing his current state right now made the anger that she had pent up towards him dissappear. How is she able to stay mad at him for this long when he looks like a complete wreck.

"Jaemin came over last night to scold me for being mean to you yesterday. He told me that you lost your mother at a very young age so that's why you're so cautious of everything." He spoke. Stopping himself as he gulped down the feeling of regret.
"I'm so sorry for being such a dick towards you. What I said yesterday was totally uncalled for, I didn't know that you lost your mother and what I said must have really hurt you. I'm sorry for releasing my anger out on you and letting my feelings get the better of me. Would you please forgive me." He apologises, facing the ground as he was far too ashamed to look at her.
"Don't hate yourself for what you did. Yeah you were being a total dick but i understood why. I accept your apology. From this I hope you'd stop jumping into conclusions. There's still hope that Lily is still alive." She replies as he looks up at her with tears streaming down his face.