ten

She opens her eyelids to be greeted by a white ceiling. Jieun sitting up as she looks around the room. Inspecting the foreign surrounding when she realises that she was inside a hospital room.

"What the hell am I doing here." She mumbles confusingly before she tried to get out of the bed.
"Don't." Her motion being stopped once she sees Jaemin stood by the doorway with his arms both crossed. His face stern but his eyes showed worry.

"What am I doing here?" Jieun questions. Watching as he walked closer towards her.
"Jieun you've just been fucking food poisoned?!" He exclaims as she just looks at him. Trying to remember until it hit her.
"Oh.. yeah now I remember." She said and slapped her forehead. How could she forget.

"Why? The doctors said that they found hydrocodone in your drink. No correction, MY DRINK that you drank. No wonder why you wanted to switch. Why would you do that?!" He spoke. His hands clenched into a fist as he grips on his sleeves.
"Because I saw one of the waitress pour something into your drink. They were probably hired by your assassinator to poison you. It was my duty to protect you, I couldn't just let you drink it?" She answers him.
He leans closer and held onto her shoulders. Brows furrowed as he stares at her in fury.
"And you thought that it was a good idea that you drank it yourself? You could've just told me, or not drink it at all!"
"I didn't want to arise any suspicion if they found out that no one had even touched the drink."
"But by doing so you're only hurting yourself and putting yourself at risk. I don't like seeing you get hurt for fucks sakes Jieun!" He yells before pulling her into his embrace. The girl sitting there in dismay.

She sighs before relaxing her body and wrapped her arms around his shoulders.
"The same goes to me Jaem. I don't want to see you get hurt. I have to admit that what I did was super dumb and I should've thought about it more properly before committing such a dumb act. But hey I'm fine now, I think? You don't have to worry about me anymore." Jieun reassures him.
"From now onwards I'm keeping a close eye on you."
"Creep." She hits his back as they shared a chuckle.

"How long am I supposed to stay here? I'm better now right? which means that we could go back home." She asks.
"The doctor said that you have to stay for another night. Sad to inform that to you." He said in a teasing manner as her jaws dropped.
"Another day?! What the hell am I supposed to do for another day here?!" She said in hysteric.
"I don't know. Get that extra rest that you're lacking." He shrugs his shoulders as she frowns and falls back on the bed.
"I'm starting to regret consuming that stupid drink." She whines as he softly smiles at her.
"I'll be out for a bit to tell the doctor that you've waken up. You get some rest." He said before leaving the room. Looking back through the small window to make sure that she was still inside before calling for a doctor.