thirteen

"These are all the information that I was able to find about the picture of the man that you sent." Her father placing a file of documents down on his desk.
Jieun who was sat down on the chair in front of him quickly took the file and went through it. Inspecting all the pieces of information that her dad had compiled.

NAME: Kim Sujin
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: divorced from his previous wife, Ahn Iseul.
KIDS: Kim Jiwoo

These are some information regarding his occupation:
- He's the vice president of a popular Jewellery brand.
- Some sources says that he's currently in the position of becoming the president and CEO of the said brand.
- He's unliked by some staff because of his very arrogant and demanding attitude.
- There was a rumour that spread saying that he's working with a group of shady people behind the scenes, but these rumours are yet to be brought to light and confirmed.

Informations regarding his past and previous behaviours before becoming the vice president:
- He was a bit of a trouble maker in school.
- committed in underage drinking before turning the legal age.
- He was well liked (by a few majority) and known in college.
- Some people reported that he was continuously harassing a women in college after she rejected him.
- Some people claimed that the women he harassed was his previous girlfriend.

Jieun scanned the whole document with a very displeased look on her face. What the hell was wrong with this guy.
"As I was searching for information regarding this man, I also found out that there was a rumour that he was embezzling the money the brand makes. I told my team to investigate it quietly, cause we don't want to attract any attention, nor do we want him to know that we're investigating him." Her dad further explains before he asks her.
"Why did you want those informations about him Eun?"

She snapped out of her dozing off as she looks at the documents. Staring at the last piece of information. The one where it said that he was harassing a women.

"Oh nothing... he just gave Jaemin the creeps so I thought that I'd do a background check on him. I also feel like he doesn't treat his daughter well. I've been observing Jiwoo's actions whenever she's around him and when she's not. It's just all so odd." Jieun answers. But there was more reasons behind why she wanted to know more about Mr. Kim Sujin.
"Hmm well if all this information seems helpful to you then I'd be glad to find more stuff about him and keep a close eye on this Sujin." He tells her as she flashed him a soft smile.
"Thanks dad. I better get going now, who knows how worried Jaemin would be right now if I don't arrive home on time." She got up from her seat whilst clutching onto the filed documents in her hands.
"Don't forget about tomorrow's dinner!" Her dad called out as she was near the door.
"I won't!" Was the last thing she said before leaving his office.

--- ৎ୭

*click!

She closes the front door once she had arrived back home. Taking off her shoes and storing them away before she made her way through the hallways.

"What's this smell?" Jieun sniffing the air as she followed the direction to which the delicious aroma was coming from. She was led to the kitchen where Jaemin was at. The lad currently cooking, both of his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and the first two buttons of his shirt unbuttoned.

Curse him and how attractive he looks when cooking. She wanted to go over to the stove and burn her eyes. Jieun didn't even realise that she's been staring at him for that long until he looked back to greet her.

"Eunnie, when did you return? I didn't even realise that you were home."
She quickly shook her head before reverting her view to his face.
"Uh I just returned right now." She answers before going over to where he was.
"What are you cooking? I could smell the delicious aroma all the way from the hallways. I nearly drooled when I was making my way here." She asked as it made him chuckle.
"Carbonara pasta. I was trying out some new recipes. I'm trying to expand my knowledge in cooking so I don't end up making the same thing all the time."  He answers her. She glances over at the pot.
"Wow and I can't even cook one meal, that's impressive."
The lad grinned.
"I guess there's another thing that I'm better at than you." He chanted as a scoff left her lips.
"Cooking just takes up so much energy, and if the food doesn't end up tasting how you wanted it too then it just made the whole process a waste." She complains.
"Sounds like a personal problem." Jaemin shrugs as he went over to the sink to drain the water out.

Jieun scowls.
"Blame those two brats (Jisung and Chenle). They keep telling me that "oh my cooking is so mid and gross," as if they can cook any better than me. If my food tastes gross then theirs tastes like straight up garbage." The girl bursts, this making Jaemin laugh out loud.
"Jisung once added a whole bag of salt into the cupcake mixture when I wasn't looking, and then we were left with salted cupcakes for dessert. He nearly poisoned me unintentionally, then he complains that it was my fault for not labeling the sugar and salt container like hello?? That was your fault not mines, don't put the blame on me."

Jaemin had to sit down for a second as he clutches his stomach from laughing too hard. There were tears in his eyes as he listens to the girls whines.

"Eun you just vented your whole anger about why you suck at cooking to me. I've had enough, please stop before I end up peeing my pants from laughing too much." Jaemin spoke as he rubbed the tears from his eyes. She could just frown at him.
"How about I start giving you cooking lessons. Count that as a favour for saving my life all the time." He offers her.
"You're really willing to do that?" She asks in disbelief as he nodded his head a yes.
"Fine, just don't laugh at my horrible cooking skills." Jieun says in embarrassment as it made him laugh again.

"Stop laughing at me!" She yammers whilst hitting his biceps.
"You call that a punch? I can hardly feel it." He laughs even harder at her as it made her even more irritated.
"You're no different to Jisung and Chenle. The three of you are annoying."