eight

"Wow I'm impressed that Jieun had managed to last for nearly a month as your bodyguard." Haechan yammers as Jaemin quickly shot him a nasty glare.
"It's kind of impossible to imagine it, to be honest." Renjun added along.

"It's cause she's a good bodyguard ok? Also because..." Jaemin trails off as all his friends looked at him in anticipation, waiting for him to continue and finish off his sentence.
"It's because what? Finish your sentence off!!" Haechan said eagerly.
"It's because..."
"It's because he probably likes her." Jeno answers for him.
"Isn't that obvious. Duh he likes her or else she would've been gone long ago?" Shotaro stated.
"Not like that Taro. He meant that Jaemin probably caught feelings for her." Yangyang corrects him as everyone fell silence, before looking at jaemin with a smug look on their faces.

"No way." Renjun covers his mouth before letting out a horrible ferocious laugh.
"This is why I didn't want to say ANYTHING to you people." Jaemin replied in annoyance as he rolls his eyes at him.
"How'd it happen?" Shotaro asks.
"What happened?"
"How did you start catching feelings for her?" The Japanese boy suddenly being very interested in Jaemin and Jieun.

"It just happened I guess... Well actually no, I started liking her ever since that figure skating incident when i taught her how to skate. But, I realised that I actually like liked her when she handed me a bandaid when I accidentally scraped my wrist with the blades of the ice skates." He replies.
"A bandaid???" Haechan says confused. If he was weird, Jaemin was even weirder then him.

"I realised that she was... the same girl that I used to have a crush on when I was like seven." He said almost embarrassed. All his friends eyes widens as they looked at him in aghast.
"No way!"
"Ah so that's why you don't date, you were trying to find that little crush of yours." Says Jeno.
"All that from a bandaid?" Yangyang gasps in surprise whilst he nodded his head approvingly.

13 years ago*

"Where's Kirana noona.." The seven year old boy walked around the front porch of his house as he tried to find his older sister. His house was currently crowded from visitors coming to celebrate his mother's new business launch, so him and his sister decided to go out, and play to get a breathe of fresh air.

He walks around wearily, afraid that he'd lost his sister in his own house that he failed to pay attention to his surroundings.

"*ouch!" Jaemin falling over from a small crack that was on the pavement as he collided on the ground. Scraping his knees as it starts to bleed.

"It's bleeding!" He heard a voice say as he looks behind to see a small girl, probably around his age pointing at him.
She had dark hair that was tied into a small ponytail, wearing a green dress and currently barefoot.
The small girl ran over to him as she crouched down so they were about the same level in height.

"Are you ok?" She questions him. Jaemin slowly nodding his head as his lips quiver. Him trying to stop himself from crying. The girl could sense that he was in a sense of pain and was trying his hardest to not cry, so she offers him a small smile.

"I'll treat your wounds." She says as she takes a pack of bandaid out of the pockets of her dress. Yes her dress has a pocket, she's so cool.
She rips open the bandaid as she gently placed it over his injured knees. Jaemin clenching his hands into a fist as he sat there quietly whilst watching her aid him.
"There all done. Next time, make sure you're looking at your surroundings to avoid accidents like this from happening again, ok?" She pats his head. The smile still present on her face.

"Do you always carry a bandaid with you?" Jaemin finally decides to speak. He finds it odd that someone would carry around a packet of bandaids with them everywhere.
"Yes, incase someone needs it. I started bringing them around because my little brother always seems to trip and hurt himself. He's a bit clumsy." She answers him.
The girl then looks him in the eye.
"A bit clumsy like you too."
For absolutely no reason why, he didn't understand why the side of his cheeks were suddenly warm. A shade of crimson red flourished around his pale skin.

"Jaemin there you are! I was searching everywhere for you." The sound of his older sister started to near as the two kids looked behind to see a beautiful girl walking towards them.
"I was trying to search for you too!" Jaemin replied with a big frown on his face.
"Well ok it was kind of my fault because one of mom's friends were talking to me and i got a bit distracted." Kirana admitted her mistake. Her eyes roaming to the little girl besides her brother and the two band-aids that were on Jaemin's knees.

"What happened to your knees?"
"I tripped over that small crack on the ground." Jaemin answers as he pointed at the ground before he pointed at the girl besides him.
"And then she came over and helped me." He said as the little girl nodded her head at his statement.
A small and warm smile grew on Kirana's face.
"That's so sweet of you. Thank you for taking care of my little brother. He's a bit clumsy sometimes." The older girl patted the child's head as she flashes her biggest smile. The two siblings were able to see the girls teeths displayed as she had one missing tooth at the front.
"I said that to him too!" She chuckles. As the more she talks, the more interested little jaemin was at wanting to become her friend.

13 years later*

"My arms and legs are so sore." Jieun whines as she sat down after chasing Jaemin around the ice rink for the last 10 minutes. He said that it was to help him with his usual "warming up".
"Maybe if you weren't so slow then you wouldn't be so tired." He tells her as she throws him an annoyed look.
"Well maybe if you weren't being such a maniac and asked me to chase you around the whole ice rink then i wouldn't be complaining." She fires back as Jaemin couldn't surpass his urge to laugh.

"Ok, ok it's my fault. Here I'll help you by taking off your skates." He says as he crouches down to help take off her skating shoes.
"tsk, how annoying." She scoffs before crossing her arms.
A playful smirk formed on his face as he looked up at her.
"I'm just trying to be a gentleman here. Not working is it?" He questions, only annoying her even more.
"And here I thought that you'd finally stop thinking that I'm a women hater-- *fuck." Jaemin stopped talking once he realises that he had slit his wrists with the blades of the ice skates, him not paying attention to his action.

"You freaking idiot." Jieun exclaims as she forces him to sit besides her before she took out a packet of bandaids from her pockets.
"How very convenient of you to carry a packet of bandaids." He tried to joke as she glares at him.
"Shut up Jaemin, can't you see that you're bleeding."
"What? Is it wrong of me to say that?" He says as she only sighs.
"I bring a packet of bandaids with me everywhere because of clumsy people like you." She said as she finishes treating his wounds. "It became a habit since i was younger to bring them around because my younger brother would always accidentally hurt himself."

At that second, moments from his past flashes through his mind as he stares at her like how he did thirteen years ago. He realises that she was the same girl that he used to have a little crush on when he was younger. He'd never thought that the same girl would turn out to be his bodyguard and the one who was commissioned to take care of his life and safety.

...

"Wow. Now that's what you call fate." Shotaro spoke once Jaemin had finished talking about his past history with Jieun. All his friends looking at him dumbstruck as they couldn't believe the fact.
"So. When are you planning to confess to her?" Haechan said right off the bat as Jaemin was caught off guard and choked on his drink before glaring at him.

"*cough* NEVER?! I dont even think that she remembers me. Let alone, having a relationship with MY OWN BODYGUARD IS JUST??? That's just wrong." Jaemin tried to reason. All his friends looking at him with displeased looks. Staring at him as if he was dumb.
"What's wrong with that? Once she catches the culprit, she won't even be your bodyguard anymore. She'll just be a normal person. If you guys date then it won't change anything, it won't change your titles, nothing. So the fuck are you on about with it being wrong?" Jeno tried to slap some sense into him. I mean, he did have a point.

"But it'd be so unprofessional." Jaemin retorts in distress.
"Jaemin your parents are like the sweetest angels to exist in this world. Way sweeter and supportive then my parents. I don't think that they'd even mind. I mean it's not unprofessional if Jieun continues to take her job seriously." Yangyang shrugging his shoulders. His statement causing the young lad to go quiet.

The problem was; he doesn't even think that his feeling would be reciprocated by Jieun. She doesn't look like the type of person who would let anything or anyone distract her from doing her job.