three

"Jaeminnn can you help me!" A voice rang in the air.
Jieun looking to her side to see a girl with long silky black hair running over to Jaemin as she wraps her arms around his.

"Not now Jiwoo." The lad groans in annoyance as he tries to get the girls hands off of his.
"But I really need your help." Her whining making him grit his teeth in irritation.
"Well I'm sorry to break it to you but I can't seem to figure this out myself. Go ask some other guy." He said in final as the girl scoffs before leaving him alone.

A sigh leaves his lips. Jaemin looking over at Jieun to see her staring at him like she was trying to hold in her laughter.
He swore he heard her snort.

"Who's that? Your girlfriend." She chuckles, finally letting out a small laughter as he frowns at her.
"Tsk, she's not! She's just this girl that won't seem to leave me alone." He answers as he rested his chin in the palms of his hands.
"Have you ever told her to leave you alone? I don't know, just a suggestion." Jieun asks as he nodded his head tiredly.
"I did. Multiple of times, but of course she wouldn't listen. She did once leave me to be at peace for like a week before going back to her previous behaviour. I don't know what's up with the girl." He replies annoyed.
"Must like you a lot." She teases as she nudges his elbow with hers. Jaemin only rolling his eyes at her.

Jieun then looked back to see what Jiwoo was up too. Watching as the girl sat besides a guy as he helps her with her work. In all honesty she seems like a nice person. But something about Jiwoo bothered her.
Her brows furrows as she examines Jiwoo for a few more seconds before facing the front.

"Jieun, can you help me. You look like you've finished with your work." Jaemin asks for help as she faces him.
"Oh so you weren't lying earlier when you said that you couldn't help Jiwoo?" She said a bit surprised with one brow raised.
He let out a bitter laugh.
"Of course I wasn't lying. If I did finish my work, I would've just given it to her without bothering myself to explain how i got the answer. Now could you please help me?" He gave her a lengthy explanation before asking her the same question again.
"Alright then, what do you need help with?"

--- ✩︎︎⭐︎⡱︎ ︎

3pm

"Jaemin." Jieun called out as she knocks on his bedroom door.

*knock knock!

"Jaemin, you have fencing practice now. You only have five more minuted before we have to leave. Jaem-"
"Yes."
The bedroom door opening as she was now faced to face with him. Her hands so close to knocking the door again but froze once it was in close contact with his chest.
"Took you long enough." The girl sighs before motioning him to leave the room. Both of them now walking towards the front door.

"Since when did you start taking fencing lessons?" Jieun asks as she tried to spark up some small talk between the two.
"Since I was in highschool. It was something that I wanted to learn on my own. My parents were the ones who enrolled me to do figure skating." He answers her before looking down and flashing her a smile.

"How come I've never seen him whenever I visited Ji when he used to take fencing lessons in middle school?" Jieun questions herself. In the past, she would always accompany her younger brother to his fencing lessons and picked him up once he was done. Never had she ever seen Jaemin once before. She shook the fact out of her head. It must have been the fencing mask.

"My practice goes on for about one and a half hour, you're free to leave if you want to." He told her as they both entered the car.
"I know that." She said before closing the car door and putting on her seat belt. Which was then shortly followed by, "but no, I'll be staying there. Watching you practise for the next hour."

He pushes her shoulders lightly.
"Everyday I'm even more convinced that you're a freaking robot that's programmed to be perfect." Jaemin states, earning a scoff from her.
"I'll be doing my homework as I'm there. Geez, I'm not that boring as to just watch you fence."
"And here I thought that you were starting to be a bit more sweet to me." He says dramatically with a hand rested on top of his chest.
"Jaemin I should be the one saying that, not you."

--- 🤍

4:30pm
After Jaemin's fencing lesson.

Busy. That's what the atmosphere of the town was like now as everyone had just gotten off work. Jaemin was currently stood outside of a bubble tea shop as he waits for Jieun to finish using the restroom. He told her that he'd treat her out to some bubble tea after she had to wait one and a half hour for him to complete his fencing practice. She got so bored and finished doing her homework early that she also started doing his homework as well to waste time. He was flabbergasted to say the least when he saw her hand his finished work over.

So there he was outside, sipping on his drink as his left hands held Jieun's one.

*triing!
"Yeah you too, have a nice day." The sound of Jieun's familiar voice as she finally leaves the shop catches his attention as he looks back at her.
"Jieun finally. The ice in your drink has started to melt-"
"Jaemin watch out!"
"Huh?"
In a blink of an eye, Jieun had already pushed Jaemin to edge of the sidewalk. Both their bubble tea spattered on the ground as large pieces of iron pipes scattered across the sidewalk and into the road.

He finally manages to open his eyes, his first view was off Jieun hovering on top of him as she had a cross look on her face, breathing heavily. His eyes then reverted to the crowded pieces of iron pipes that were only a few inches away from him.

"What... the hell just happened?" He breathed out as his eyes started to shake in anxiety.
"I think someone is trying to assassinate you." She said and stood up. Offering a hand to Jaemin as she pulled him up.
"What?"
"When I was washing my hands, I saw a group of men dressed in black that went up the emergency stairs in the back of the building. I thought they were burglars at first and so I waited in the restroom for a while longer but they never came back down." Jieun explains as she looks around the area, seeing a bunch of people standing around them in shock.

"I think they were waiting to drop these piles of metal pipes on you when I wasn't around but... I might have ruined their plans." She said as she looks over at Jaemin. Seeing the lad still standing there in aghast as he tried to digest everything in.
"Thanks for saving my life. I don't even want to imagine what'd happen if you didn't come in the last minute." He says as he tried to force a shaky smile.

She took a hold of his hands and dragged him away from the scene, guiding their way back to where the car was parked.
"Argh I should've told you to just wait inside the shop. This is all my fault." She sighs. Feeling defeated as she felt that it was all her fault.
"It's not your fault Jieun. I'm the one who insisted to wait outside, don't put the blame on yourself." He tells her before flashing her a soft smile.

"I am sad though that our bubble tea ended up being wasted." He says as she rolls her eyes at him.
"Let's just order another one from home. I'm a bit traumatised after that."