seventeen

7:00pm

"You can't even walk properly." Jaemin laughs as he helps Jieun get to her room. Holding onto her hand and the other hand held onto her waist.
"Shut up Jaemin, I can't walk in fucking heels when I'm drunk." She complains as it made him laugh even harder.
The two of them were horribly drunk. Don't know how they managed to get up the stairs without falling down once.

They had arrived at her room as he helped her sit down on the bed. Jieun looking over at the balcony as she just stares at it in silence.
"Do you want me to help take your heels off?" He asks her as the girl nods her head a yes. Jaemin then taking both her heels off before placing it away in her closet. As soon as those heels were off her feet, Jieun quickly ran over to the balcony.

This alarming Jaemin as he followed her from behind in panic.
"The stars are bright out tonight Jaemin. Come and look at it with me." She said and held onto his hand, dragging him outside with her as they sat down in the balcony.

"Look at those stars, they form the Leo constellation!" She points at the sky as he follows where her hands were pointing at. He liked this side of her. Jieun who isn't so diligent and strict. He enjoys seeing her so carefree and almost human like. It's as if the shield that she's been holding onto for so long has finally broken down.

"I really like this side of you Eun." He says all of a sudden. Catching her attention as she looks over at him.
"How so? How is this side of me different to how I usually act." She questions.
"You're usually so formal and straight forward with everything. Always on schedule and on top with everything. It's as if you were programmed to be perfect. But this side, you seem to be a lot more carefree and unrestricted. Like you're finally yourself for once." He explains.
She smiles at him.

"Well then, I like this nice side of yours where you're always complimenting me haha. When I first got to know you, I thought you were the most grumpiest person to ever exist. I also found you infuriating to handle." She tells him as he frowns at her.
"Did your impression on me changed though."
"Yes, a bit. I still find you very infuriating to say the least. But, I've also learnt to find out that you're a really caring person. You're very random and weird at times, but i guess that's what makes you Jaemin. You're also really charming, I can't lie." She said the last part embarrassed as she hides her face with her hands.
"Oh really now. You find me charming?~" He chanted as she rolls her eyes. (Though he couldn't see it)

"I'm going to really miss you. Tomorrow's going to be the last day that you'd get to be my bodyguard." Jaemin reminded. Feeling a bit mellow all of a sudden.
"It isn't like I'm going to move countries after I resign." She answers.
"Yeah I know but... I won't be able to spend a lot of time with you anymore. I got so used to always having you by my side that I can't imagine myself not being around you."
"Looks like you've formed some sort of attachment issues towards me." She jokes as he looks at her. Admiring how she laughs, a full on gummy smile painted on her face.
"I'm sure that we'd be able to spend time with each other after this, right Jaem?" Jieun looked up, only to find that Jaemin had already been staring at her.

They just sat there as they smiled at each other. Bewitched by one another's presence and unable to look away.
Before they knew it, they were already leaning closer and their lips had touched. One of his hands gently holding onto her chin as he tilts her head to the side, whilst his other hand was on her waist, pulling her closer to him. She had both her hands on his chest, seeming to enjoy the kiss as she didn't stop him nor herself from pulling away.

It wasn't until something in her head clicked. She probably sobered up by then as she pushes him away from her. Breaking the kiss as they stared at each other in confusion.

"Oh my god this is so unprofessional of me, what am I doing?" She questions herself as she ran her fingers through her hair.
"You're not doing anything wrong." He tells her as she shook her head.
"I know that but I just.."
"It's not unprofessional of you if you're still doing your job properly." He tries to tell her.
"My job is to protect you Jaemin, not kiss you!?" She exclaims as it manages to make him laugh.
"This isn't funny you idiot!"
"I'm so sorry it's just the face that you make that just cracks me up."
"I think I'm dreaming cause what the hell." Jieun shaking her head continuously in disbelief. Not believing the fact that she'd just kissed him. He held onto her face with both his hands to stop her from shaking her head.

"How about you go and take a shower to freshen up before heading to bed. You need some rest." He suggested.
"What about you then?"
"I'll be going over to Renjun's place. I need to have a talk with him. I'm also worried about him. I'll leave you be ok?" He says as she nodded her head. Jaemin smiling at her before he left the room.