one

*triing!

Jieun entering the police station as she had just gotten back from her friends place. The station busy as people were running around, going in and out of the place. Some were holding a huge bucket of paper that could be enough to hand out to a whole auditorium of people. Some of them were busy investigating a case that's been active for a while now.

She went over to the head of the station. Going inside the chief officers room as she was greeted by an officer that sat by his desk.

"Hi dad." The girl greeted as she manages to catch his attention. The older man looking up from his work as he flashes his daughter a smile.
"Ah Jieun perfect timing!" He exclaims as he ushered her to sit down in front of him.
"Why you look quiet excited. Solved a case?" She questions before sitting down. The man shook his head a no.

"Actually, we got another case. A family reported that their son has been getting threatening letters from an anonymous sender. They wanted us to come and investigate the person behind it all." Her father explained.
"Ok, good luck on that then." She said as she laid back on the chair. It was one of those wheely chairs so she was fidgeting in her seat.
"That's not all. Since they're scared over their son's safety, they also requested for us to send them one of our people that could work as the son's bodyguard and protect him at all cost." He continued as she spun around in her seat.
"Well thats easy, you could send Eric. He'd make a good bodyguard." Jieun muttered.
"Well, I've already given them the name of the person whom i think would make a good bodyguard. And I picked, you." Her dad dropped the bombshell on her as she looked at him in utter shock before falling off the chair.

"WHAT?!--- shit*." Jieun getting up in pain and she slaps her hand on his desk.
"You want me to be a what?!?" She exclaimed at him in terror.
"I want you to be the bodyguard for this family's son." He repeated himself as she wipes her face with her hands in annoyance.

"Ugh I don't have time to babysit this guy, I have much more important things like finding out who murdered my freaking mother." She reasons as her fathers expression did not even change a bit. He still looked at her with the same blank and collective expression.
"Jieun dear, please its been years since your mother was murdered. If I couldn't find her murderer than how could you?" Her father tried to talk to her. Talking to her with a calm tone, making sure that she doesn't misunderstand his words.
"Well maybe you didn't search hard enough. I'm going to find who the culprit is, dead or alive so the family could be at peace again." She says before sitting back down. Crossing her arms as she stares at him with a brow raised.

He soothed the wrinkles on his temple before letting out a sigh.
"I'm not stopping you from your own investigation Jieun, I never will." He stated before flashing her a soft smile.
"I just think that you were the only one fit to be the bodyguard for this family. I was planning to pick Eric for the job but the family did say to me that they'd prefer if it was a girl because the previous bodyguards that were males did not work out well."

"Of course he didn't like the male bodyguards omg." She complains as she pinches the bridge of her nose in irritation.
"And, the family were kind enough to pay for your school fee's if you decide to work for them."
That statement making her look at him in curiosity.
"Don't tell me that I have to live with them or something, because if I do then bye." She said as he showed her a nervous smile.
"How else are you supposed to keep watch of him?" He said as she just groans.
"Who's going to take care of Ji back home? I can't leave that kid alone for a second without having the thoughts of him doing something wreckless." She said as her father could just shake his head in disbelief.

"Eun, I exist you know? He's eighteen now, he's not a kid anymore who needs to be taken care of. Have some faith in him." Her father said as a chuckle left his lips at the end over how overprotective his daughter was for her younger brother.
"Fine." She said in final before looking away.
"Fine what?" Her father provokes her to get a clear answer.
"Fine I'll work as his bodyguard. But I need informations about him first before I officially work for him." She said as a proud smile cascades it's way on her father's face.