seven

Thursday, 4pm

"*sighs  how many times again do I need to tell you to stop opening the car door for me?" He pinches the bridge of his nose in fury before entering the car. Jieun basically just rolling her eyes before entering the car after him and closing the door.
"Basic manners." She replies as he glances at her unenthusiastic. "Yeah right."

"You wouldn't know since you're such a women hater." Jieun teases as this made him grit his teeth as he now faces her. Seeing the girl having such mischief on her face as she smiles innocently at him.
"Dammit Jieun, I am NOT a women hater. I am everything but that." He tells her for the nth time that week ever since she started working for him. If it were his other bodyguards, he would've fired them already for uttering such fake accusations towards him. But somehow he hasn't fired Jieun yet, and she's been with him for nearly two weeks now.
He wasn't the slightest bit offended when she says it to him, something about it was true if it were seen through her perspective. But he would've liked it if she'd change the 'women hater' to men instead.

"Anyways, you have your figure skating practice next. I was informed that you'd be practicing until 6pm today due to an upcoming event that you'd be performing in." She tells him as she read the schedule from her phone.
He only hums in reply.
"Love leaping in the air, and doing the lutz. Yep. Gotta love it allot." He says with such dryness.
"You seem to not enjoy it."
"I enjoyed it at first but over time I just start losing my passion for it. I mean, it's something that I don't plan on doing as a career in the future." He confesses.
"Then why are you still doing it if you don't like it?" She questions.
"I didn't say that I didn't like figure skating. Its just..." He stops, even he doesn't know the reason why himself.
"You're just hoping that you'd slowly start gaining your passion for it again if you keep continuing?" Jieun replies for him as she puts her hand over his to somehow give comfort.
"Yeah... somewhat like that." Jaemin smiling faintly as he stares at her hand. Urging to take a hold of it and hold her hands but stopped himself from doing so.

--- ৎ୭

Mesmerising. That's what she thought of Jaemin when she watches him skate. He slides on the ice ever so gracefully, his movements made him look as if he was flying. If they didn't have that brief conversation before arriving, she'd never had thought that he'd lost his passion for such a sport.

"Amazing isn't it?" Jaemin stopped by the side of the ice rink once he had finished his warm up to come and talk to Jieun. She nodded her head a yes. Unsure whether he was implying to the sport that was amazing or himself. Either way, both answers were a yes to her.

"How do you just balance on ice in those skates? You make it look so easy." She asks him as a playful grin slowly crept it's way on his face.
"It's easy. You just have to keep your body weight on the back halves of the blades. This'll keep you balanced. Do you want to try it out?" He answers as her eyes widens.
"Funny, if you want to continuously see me fall on my butt. To which I don't want to have a numb bottom at the end of the day. So no thank you."
"Come on Jieun, I'll guide you. And oh, this is not because I totally want to see you fall on your butt like a million times." He says with a bright charming smile. Ugh, she wanted to rip it off his face. Stupid face, stupid charming smile.
"Fine. But don't let go off my hands." She said in final before leaving to grab a pair of skates for herself.

"Yes."
He cheers to himself. Maybe there was another reason why he wanted to teach her how to skate. Perhaps it was so he could touch her hands. Even if it meant for only a few seconds.

...

"Jaemin I swear to god, don't let go off my hands!!" She exclaims as she struggles to balance herself on the ice. All Jaemin had done for the last two minutes was laugh at her failure.
"I'm sorry, this is just way too entertaining for me." He says as he wipes his tears off from all that laughing.
"If you're going to be such an ass and not help me then I might as well have not even gotten on this ice in the first place." She groans and tried to leave the rink. Tried. But failed as Jaemin skated over to her and took a hold of one of her hands as his other was gently wrapped around her waist.

"I'm having way too much fun for you to just leave and give up this early." He says as she rolls her eyes.
"First, if you're going to learn how to skate then you need to learn the basics first. Which is to balance on the ice."
"I've been trying to do that for the last two minutes you fool." She spat at him as he only smirks.

"I'm holding you by the hand and waist to ensure you that you could balance. Just relax a bit and focus on putting your weight on the back half of the blades." He instructs her as she nods her head before doing as he said.
She didn't realise it but she's been standing on the ice by herself as Jaemin had let go of her.
"See you've got the hang of it." His voice breaking her few seconds of silence and concentration as she looked up to see him a few distance away from her.

"Wait why are you over--" Jieun starts to panic as she was on the verge of falling down if it wasn't for him basically 'running' over to her and quickly holding onto her waist.
"Geez Jieun, if I'd known that you'd be this clumsy then i would've covered the whole ice rink with pillows."

She blew some air out of her nostrils in frustration.
"I'm not clumsy, I'm just struggling on ice!"
"God this is going to take us a long time." He sighs.

"Look Jaem, I'm doing it!"
After about thirty minutes of Jaemin trying to teach Jieun how to skate, she had finally learnt the basics. She was generally a fast learning so she was able to freely skate around easily now.

Jaemin watches as she skates around the ice rink. A proud smile on his face. Ok to be honest he was smiling like a little boy because she called him Jaem.

"Jaem. I like that, call me that more often." He tells her as she looks at him peculiarly.
"Um alright then?"
"Can I also give you a nickname?" Jaemin asks.
"You're acting like a weirdo right now." Says Jieun.
"Is that a yes or a no."
"Yes. Gosh why do you need permissions to give someone a nickname?"
"I don't want to end up offending anyone if I gave them a nickname that they don't like..." "now how about Eun? Eunnie. Wait that sounds so cute." Jaemin coming up with a nickname for her as she just froze there in place. If the ice rink wasn't cold enough to freeze her, than that nickname had successfully frozen her.

"Hey-- why do you have that look on your face? Does the nickname offend you or-"
"No its fine. Its just that, no one has called me by that nickname other than my mother. I've sort of forgotten that it even existed." She reassures him as his lips formed a straight line.
"I'll bring the nickname back to life then!"

---♡

"Sorry again for taking up so much of your practice. You should've been busy rehearsing and not have wasted your time trying to teach me how to freaking skate." Jieun sighs as she leans back on the car seat.
"Don't worry about it. I've had more fun watching you fall face flat on the ice then rehearse the same routine for the last month."
"Of course you did!" She groans in annoyance as he let's out a soft chuckle.
"Now to repay that, let sir Jaemin rest his head on your shoulders because I'm tired. You wouldn't mind that right Eunnie?" He says before laying his head down on her shoulders and closing his eyes shut.
"You're paying for my surgery if my shoulders end up dislocating." Jieun uttered as he only hums in reply.
"Yes... yes.. I'll pay for your recovery."