twelve

"Why are the two of you so quiet this morning? You two would usually be talking a lot and going over today's schedule?" Kirana asked. Jaemin's older sister was confused as to why the two of them had been avoiding eye contact and have been awfully silent this morning.
Jieun and Jaemin looked over at Kirana at the same time, the two of them making quick eye contact before they both looked away.

"Ok you guys are making me concern. Did you get into a fight last night or something?" Kirana questions. Both her hands on her hips as she looks at the two young adults seriously.
"No." They both replied in unison.
"Alright, then why are you guys acting so weird?"
"It's complicated." Jaemin sighs tiredly before he got up and placed his plate away.
Jieun watches him with a stern look on her face before looking away.

--- ৎ୭

12:00pm

Jaemin and Jieun had just finished their classes. The two of them had managed to survive not talking to each other for this long. (Jaemin was too embarrassed to talk to her first and Jieun was still thinking about the incident that happened last night. Poor girl still haven't registered whatever had happened inside her head.)
They were now by the sidewalk, waiting for the traffic lights to turn red so they could cross the zebra crossing. The two of them were at the very front. Jieun standing there in a daze as she was lost in her own thoughts, not paying attention to her surroundings. Not even the presence behind her.

A hand from behind had pushed her forward as a car was about to pass by.

The girls eyes widening when she realises that she was about to fall forward and into the road if it wasn't for Jaemin holding onto her waist and dragging her quickly towards him. A second before the car had passed by.

"What the hell Jieun?" He said furiously. Inside he was freaking out because if he hadn't catch her in time, something bad would've happened to her.
"Sorry I wasn't focusing." She apologises, deciding to leave out the fact that someone had tried to push her into the road.
"Be careful please." He tells her as the traffic light turns red, indicating that they could cross now.
As they crossed the street, Jieun realises that he was still holding onto her waist. Refusing to let her go. She didn't say anything about it. Knowing Jaemin, he probably refused to let go because he was afraid if the same thing would happen again.

"Do you want to get something to eat?" She asks him.
"Are you hungry?" He says as she nods her head.
"Alright then, we can make a quick stop. We still have two hours to spare before my figure skating practice. Where do you want to eat?"
Jieun quickly did a scan of the restaurants and cafés around around them before she points at a café that sells pastries. To be honest she wasn't that hungry, but since Jaemin had started talking to her, she wanted to continue the conversation between them. She couldn't stand the silence.

Once the two of them had entered the café, they picked a seat besides the window and settled down before taking their orders. They then sat there in silence for a few minutes. Jieun staring out the window when she sees a familiar figure walking around.

Mr. Kim. Jiwoo's dad was just walking around the place, looking as if he was trying to find someone. She stares at him in suspicion before she took a picture of him and sent it to her father.

Older Jisung

*attached photo |
Can you find some background information about him pls?|

| All of a sudden?

He gives me a very unsettling feeling|
I'll explain it to you later when I come to the station|

|

👍🏼👍🏼
| how's things with Jaemin?

Complicated |
I think I made him mad 😁|

"*ehem." Jaemin's (fake) cough had caught her attention as she rapidly turns off her phone before she looks forward.
"Jaemin about last night-"
"Oh please forget about whatever the fuck I uttered last night. I wasn't thinking straight." He interrupts her as she furrows her brows.
"No? Why should I forget about it. I'm not going to just forget about the fact that you just confessed to me and disregard your feelings." She retorted.
He just sat there quietly.
"I'm not going to pretend that I don't know about it, but i also won't be able to give you an answer to it. I just never thought that anyone could you know ever like me.." She says as he looks at her softly.

"Eun do you remember anything from your childhood?" He asks her all of a sudden. She raises a brow at him confusingly.
"Not that much. After I witnessed my mother's murder, I was heavily traumatised and had to go through therapy to remember correctly. I can't recall any memories before that." Jieun replies. He heavily sighs.
"We once met before, when we were around seven years old. I was trying to search for my sister when I tripped over the pavement and scraped my knees. That's when you appeared and took out a packet of bandaid's from your dress pocket and helped me." He tells her.
"Seven year old me probably thought that you were the nicest and prettiest girl I've ever met and I sort off... developed a small crush on you. It wasn't until very recently that I realised that you were the same girl that I met thirteen years ago." Jaemin had his chin rested in the palms of his hands, and as he explains everything to her he quickly looks away. Facing the window as he was far too embarrassed to face her.
Jieun was able to see a small blush slowly growing along his cheeks.

"I'm sorry Jaemin, but I can't seem to remember.." She apologises as he shakes his head.
"It's not your fault."

She presses her lips tight together, not knowing on what to say next.
"You're not rejecting me are you?" He asks.
"Well yes... but also no at the same time. I didn't think that things would get this.." She fiddles with her hands, can't finding the right words to say.
"Complicated?" He answers for her as she nods her head.
"This complicated when I accepted the job. I thought I was just going to have to take care of you and I don't know fight some bad guys. I'm supposed to protect you, not fall in love with you Jaemin." She reasons.
"Is it wrong though, to fall in love with someone?" He said in desperation.
"No, obviously it's not. I just need time to sort myself out and my feelings." She smiles faintly at him as he could just stare.
"So... you're not rejecting me?" He asks again.
"Now don't get too excited. It doesn't mean that I'm going to instantly like you." Jieun pouts as she looks away.

Jaemin was happily dancing in his seat.
"That's better then getting an instant rejection from you. But it's fine, take your time Eun. Take as long as you'd like." He said with the biggest smile on his face.