75 - A Slight Shift in Paradox

Начните с самого начала

He trashed the pair of slippers into the garbage bin before stepping into the shower to take a shower and wash his feet.

~*~

Abhimanyu came home one night, a few days later to see Akshara trying to grab a pair of shoes out of Taco's teething mouth.

He watched her, amused at the little boy's strength as he gave Akshara a hard time.

"No! Give Taco! Don't!" She pulled hard, but to no success.

Abhimanyu let her struggle for a few more seconds before finally putting his wife out of her misery. "Taco! Drop it!" He voice was hard, firm.

Akshara watched in shock as Taco dropped the pair of shoe he was holding in his mouth and sat on his bum like a good boy.

"How did you do that?!" She asked, flustered.

"I guess you just need a firm hand on him. He knows you love him too much to scold him." Abhimanyu didn't want to tell Akshara he had developed a liking to the little man too.

This was evident in Abhimanyu waking up in the middle of the night and opening the door just a crack so Taco could enter their room when he felt like it.

Abhimanyu began to realize he actually was missing Taco during the night when he would not be in their room. But he kept quiet about it. They still had 3 days to go for their 7 day deadline.

"What did he have in his mouth anyway?" Abhimanyu asked.

Akshara hid the shoe behind her back. "Nothing. Just s shoe." Akshara looked at Abhimanyu, shifty eyed, refusing to meet his gaze.

"Which shoe?" Abhimanyu asked, getting curious.

"Umm..."

"Which shoe?" Abhimanyu asked again.

Reluctantly, Akshara held out the single shoe she had been hiding. Abhimanyu's eyes widened in anger and shock as he came across a freshly chewed piece of his Nike Air Jordan's —one of his favourites.

"I am so sorry! I was cleaning the shoe closet and I don't know when he ran up and snuck the shoe out." Akshara confessed, looking at Abhimanyu apologetically.

Abhimanyu looked between Akshara and Taco. "First my shirts, then my shoes?! If he keeps this up, I won't have any clothes or shoes left to wear! Tell your dog to keep out of my things!"

"My dog?! I clearly remember you calling him your dog when he performed the "paw" and "roll-over" trick to perfection which you taught him! If he does anything bad he's my dog, but if he's being smart, he's your dog?!" She scoffed offhandedly. "I don't think that's quite fair, is it?"

"It's actually quite fair. You are the one who wanted a dog. So you are the one responsible for encouraging his bad behaviors. I am just trying it teach him basic manners." Abhimanyu pointed out, pulling Akshara into his arms and crushing his lips against hers capturing her mouth a kiss certain to leave her speechless.

Akshara moaned against his lips, getting distracted by his touch and the amazing skills of his tongue.

~*~

The next day, Abhimanyu had a night shift in the emergency unit beginning at midnight, thus making it so he had the entire day off.

However, Akshara did not have that luxury. She first had to go into the Birla Hospital to check up on the last minute details of the Children's ward in preparation of it's grand opening.

Then she had to make a quick pit stop at the Community center to host 2 music classes before she was able to make her way back home to her two boys.

Abhinanyu on the other hand who had the day off had a very set of different worries.