13 - Fools in Love

As the movie started to play, Akshara began to munch on her popcorn, throughly enjoying the buttery goodness of the kernels of corn. Abhimanyu looked around him lazily the theater was only less than half full and that with only couples like Akshara  and him staggered throughout the seats.

Getting already bored of the movie which had just began, Abhimanyu tried to find ways to occupy his time whilst when he looked over, he saw Akshara was throughly focused on watching the film.

He moved his hand mindfully into her bucket of popcorn only for his hand to be smacked away by vicious Akshara.

"Mine! Get your own!"

"It's just popcorn!"

"Yeah, well; I don't share."

"Fine." He whispered back, harshly, right before he began pulling the entire bucket of popcorn from her hands.

"What're you doing?!" Akshara exclaimed, struggling to hold onto the bucket of popcorn.

"The popcorn is mine because I paid for it! So you go get your own!"

Frankly, he didn't care a bit about the popcorn. Or the money. He just didn't want to watch the movie. So he was going to hold onto any thread he could to distract himself.

"Wow, Abhimanyu Birla, what a low blow." Akshara sneered, not the least bit serious in his accusations.

"And don't worry, I know how to share." He retorted, refraining himself from sticking his tongue out in jest.

Akshara pulled the bucket of popcorn back into her lap. "Fine. You can have some!"

Abhimanyu gave her a victorious smile. "Thanks."

~*~

As the movie went on, Akshara and Abhimanyu began to realize that most of the people around them  were not here to watch the movie but instead take advantage of a large dark room with the faintest hint of light.

Akshara heard sounds of sloppy kisses and moans coming from around her, making her self conscious and a bit disgusted. Her cheeks turned pink with embarrassment as she bit her lips, sinking back down into her seat.

Wow, this was such a bad idea.

She slyly looked over at Abhimanyu whose expression was stoic as he focused his attention to the screen, trying very hard to not make things more awkward than they had to be.

Okay, she could do this too. Focus on the movie and not to the happenings around her.

Except when she focused on the screen, loud moans and groans began to erupt from the speakers as a scene of a graphic sexual nature with a whole lot of nudity graced the screen.

Great. Freaking fantastic. They couldn't catch a break, could they?

Akshara's eyes flew to Abhimanyu to see his reaction whose eyes connected with hers. They both stared at each other in awkwardness before watching the screen again before silently turning away from each other and the screen.

Yeah, awkward didn't even begin to cover what had just occurred.

~*~

Just as the movie was about to come to an end, Abhimanyu turned his head to connect the soft, silent sniffling he'd started hearing with it's source. It was then that he witnessed tears upon tears rolling down Akshara's cheeks as she hiccuped whilst giving her entire attention to the movie screen in front of her.

"Are you...actually liking this movie?" Abhimanyu asked, scrunching his nose up in disgust.

He couldn't stand romantic movies much less ones filled with emotional drama. It irked him. Infuriated him even.