34 - Bidding on Mine

"So please give us 10 minutes as we get set up for the first round of auctions. Till then, enjoy your drinks, chat amongst yourselves and have a Gala time. We will see you all shortly." Harshvardhan announced abruptly before turning off the mic and walked of the floor in a hurry.

"Oh, Abhimanyu, I thought you said you didn't volunteer for this year's auction?" Parth walked up to Akshara and Abhimanyu, with a smirk on his face.

Abhimanyu's jaw locked as he moved forward to take a swing at Parth to wipe the smirk off that bastard's face. However, he was held back by Akshara who gripped his forearm, shaking her head subtly, stopping him from charging after his cousin.

"No, I didn't." Abhimanyu replied,'trying to gather himself peacefully.

Parth raised his brows ominously. The rat bastard knew exactly what he was doing, making Abhimanyu's blood boil. "Well then, I guess it looks like your name accidentally ended up on the charity auction list."

"Or someone put it on there purposely." Abhimanyu grit out, unimpressed, knowing exactly who would be stupid enough to jot his name down on the charity auction list and he was staring right at him.

"Or they just automatically assumed you'd be volunteering again, like you always do." Parth retaliated. "But anyway, the point now is, are you going to go through with the auction?! Because come to think of it, it will look bad on your part if you don't show the board members you actually practice what you preach, you get me?"

Abhimanyu knew exactly what he meant. If he backed out of the auction now, after pitching the charity initiatives, they would call him a hypocrite. Question his charity initiatives, the proposal for the children's wing and his dedication to the cause —everything. And that was exactly what Parth was counting on. But he was not about to let Parth have the satisfaction of winning over him. Hell no.

There was a sudden shift in Abhimanyu's stance as he changed from glaring at Parth to smiling at Parth wickedly with a layer of falsified sweetness. "Actually, you know what Parth, you're right. In fact I should be thanking the person who added my name to the auction list for keeping the annual charity gala tradition alive."

Parth's brows furrowed and Abhimanyu could visibly see Parth getting agitated by his words and cool demeanor. "Okay then, I'll see you on stage. I hope Akshara doesn't mind seeing you bid on by other women though." Parth turned to Akshara, giving her a sympathetic smile.

"Why would I? It's for a good cause." Akshara responded, not taking Parth's bait. "In fact, the higher the bids, the better right, Parth? After all, it's for a good cause."

Parth glared between Abhimanyu and Akshara before nodding his head. "Of course." He grit out, before turning on his heel and leaving Abhimanyu and Akshara's table.

"That bastard! He's the one who put my name on the list." Abhimanyu slammed his hand on the table, almost knocking over their drinks glasses.

"Easy there tiger, no need to go all Hulk on him. Just cool down and let's get you ready for the auction." Akshara replied, gently patting Abhimanyu's arm to console him.

"You going to be okay with it? The auction I mean?" Abhimanyu asked her, scanning her eyes, searching for answers.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? Like I said, it's for a good cause." Akshara shrugged her shoulders casually, not wanting to tell Abhimanyu her stomach was doing summersaults at the bare thought of another woman bidding on him and winning.

"So are you not planning to bid on me?"

"I don't know, haven't decided yet. I guess I will have to though, in case no one else does. We can't have you being left unsold, can we?" Akshara teased, trying to calm her nerves.