68 - Sweet Revenge

Abhimanyu and Akshara followed behind Shreya, careful to leave 2-3 cars distance in between them and often changing lanes to avoid being detected.

"I think she is probably paranoid that she's being followed." Akshara broke the silence, as they watched Shreya drive recklessly through the traffic.

Abhimanyu shrugged. "I don't think she's paranoid of being followed. I think she's probably freaking out about having her lies be caught out in the open."

"Uh huh, is that so? And you would know that how?" Akshara looked at him pointedly.

"What? I am just saying –If I was her, that's what I would be worried about too." Abhimanyu offered, trying to innocently defend himself.

"Uh huh."

"What? You don't believe me?"

"I am starting to doubt what you and Shreya actually talked about." She teased him.

Abhimanyu felt his soul leave his body at Akshara's deathly stare. Akshara watched the colour drain from Abhimanyu's face before she broke down into a fit of laughter.

"You are so cute when you are tensed." Akshara joked, tapping his shoulder playfully.

"Akshara!" Abhimanyu glared at her as he pinched her thigh. "Never ever joke about trust."

"Why not?" She asked cutely.

Abhimanyu glared at her. "You know why."

It didn't take a genius to figure out how Abhimanyu had still not gotten over travesty that had been two days ago. The possibility that he may have lost Akshara due to someone else's conniving nature would forever burn a hole in his heart.

"I do. Sorry." Akshara's voice softened as she looked at Abhimanyu, gently caressing his hand which rested on the gear shift.

~*~

"And we are here." Abhimanyu announced as he parked the car in a secluded spot, away from prying eyes.

Shreya's car came to a halt in front of a five star restaurant. She got out of the car, handing over her keys to the valet as she hurriedly climbed the steps to the high rise building,

Abhimanyu and Akshara looked towards each other with a hopeful smile before they exited their car, maintaining a strict distance from Shreya to avoid falling onto her radar.

~*~

Abhimanyu and Akshara sat on a table, away from Shreya but close enough to listen in onto their conversation. Currently it was Shreya sitting by herself, waiting on Riva who was yet to arrive.

A server walked up to Shreya asking to take her order but was waved away.

"Not yet. I'll call you when I'm ready to order." They overheard her say.

Akshara and Abhimanyu immersed themselves in the restaurant's menu, waiting patiently, wanting to remain hidden in plain sight.

"She's here. That bitch." Akshara whispered harshly as Riva went and sat with Shreya.

Abhimanyu had to control the smile forming on his face upon seeing Akshara's protective side for him.

Abhimanyu and Akshara stayed quiet as they listened in on Shreya and Riva's conversation. Akshara took out her phone and began recording Shreya and Riva's conversation.

"Hey. What's up? Why did you need to see me so urgently?" Riva asked Shreya.

"We messed up."

"We? This was all your plan. I am just an actress, being paid to act."