Chapter 51

~Year, 2006~
"Why is this happening?"

That was the question Izayoi was asking himself as he sat in front of Canaria's grave. As he left his late foster mother some flowers, he put his hands together to offer her a prayer. After he paid his respects, Izayoi stood up as he began to speak.

"Oh yeah, a lot has happened since the last time I came to pay you respects mo-...I mean, Canaria. I got myself a girlfriend for one thing. Taiju Yuzuha, she's a good girl. Willing to kick someone's ass, yet caring for those around her. I honestly wonder what she sees in me."

As Izayoi was giving his respects, he looked at what time it was on his phone. Today he agreed to meet with Mikey and Emma at the dojo today. Ever since learning that they were brothers, Mikey and Izayoi both promised to visit each other more. Mikey's grandfather was more than happy to welcome Izayoi back to the dojo since he was one of his best students.

"Well, I'm off. Hope you're resting easy, Canaria."

Just as Izayoi was walking out the cemetery, he began to think about the guy with hanafuda earrings that he met the other day. While he found the young man to be a bit weird, there was something familiar about him. Truth be told, he had the same feeling when he met Emma for the first time. As Izayoi looked around to see where he was currently at, he saw two familiar faces walking in the same direction as him.

"Takemitchy, Draken! You heading to Mikey's house too?"

"Yeah, I met Takemichi along the way so we decided to go together. Come on, the three of us can all go together."

After nodding his head in agreement, Izayoi walks to Mikey's place along with Draken and Takemichi. While this happened, Takemichi could do nothing but stare at Izayoi. After seeing him die in the future trying to protect him, Takemichi wanted to make sure to change the future for his sake.

"I promise....I won't let you reach that future, Heiwajima-kun!!!"

~Meanwhile~
"Grandpa, wake Mikey up."

Inside of the Sano Household, Emma could be seen in an apron as she was cooking for the members of the household. As she did, she glanced over her shoulder to look at her older brother who just walked into the kitchen. The moment she did, all she saw was a drowsy Mikey with a case of bed hair.

Just as Emma said this, both herself and the rest of the family heard a knocking on the door

Just as Emma said this, both herself and the rest of the family heard a knocking on the door. When Draken announced himself and told Mikey that Takemichi and Izayoi were with him, Mikey merely told everyone to wait for him in his room. Hearing this, Draken nodded as he took Izayoi and Takemichi to a smaller building that was next to the main building.

"Is this a garage, Draken?"

"You got it right, Izayoi. This was where Shinichiro would tinker his bike all the time. Mikey and I always came here to watch him work."

As Draken smiled while reminiscing about the times shared here, he opened the door as Takemichi and Izayoi walked in. There was a bed and even a television inside of the garage. As the two boys only looked in awe, Mikey was seen walking in as he sat down on the bed. Seeing the bad case of bed hair that Mikey had, Draken sat next to him as he tried to fix the boy's hair while Takemichi explained to everyone about the boss of Tenjiku. As he listened closely to this, Mikey finally spoke up.

"I see....Kurokawa Izana. So that was him that I met the other day."

"You met him, already?"

"Yeah, Ken-chin. He was the 8th captain of the Black Dragons and now he is Tenjiku's boss."

"Then he must have connections to Shinichiro since he was apart of Black Dragon."

While Mikey and Draken tried to explain to Takemichi on how Shinichiro was connected to Black Dragon, Izayoi was trying his best not to let the look of shock form upon his face. The moment he heard Izana's last name and the description Takemichi gave him, he couldn't help feel a chill down his spine. He remembered that Canaria mentioned to him that he had a brother, but he couldn't meet with him due to some circumstances. Then all of a sudden, he meets a guy that just so happens to have the same family name as him and is the boss of Tenjiku.

"But how do I bring this up to Mikey? This isn't the same as when we found out we were brothers. This time, it's the enemy I have connections to. But if he's related to Shinichiro, then Mikey has a right to know. But after hearing what everyone said, he's also one of the reasons Black Dragon went to crap."

"Daiji-kun, you okay?"

Suddenly Izayoi was snapped out of his thoughts as he saw the group looking at him. Seeing this, Izayoi simply nods his head as he wasn't trying to worry them. However, while he did this, Takemichi looked at Izayoi as he remembered something that Izana said in the future.

"Why.....why are you defending him, Izayoi!!!"

"From the way it sounded, Izana must have really wanted Izayoi to stay in Toman. But Izayoi defected and went out of his way to help me and Naoto. But something doesn't add up. In that future Mikey was dead, yet despite being upset about Mikey's at the time, Izana seemed to show way more reaction when Izayoi saved me and Naoto. Almost like he felt betrayed. Just what was your relationship with Kurokawa Izana."

"Everyone.......i'm sorry, but I have a confession to make."

Takemichi was snapped back to reality as he heard Izayoi speak. Mikey and Draken soon became quiet as they noticed the look on Izayoi's face. As Izayoi took a deep breath, he began to collect his thoughts and was about to speak to the group as he was unaware of Emma walking into the room to bring everyone tea.

"If you want to know how deep Izana's connection is to Shinichiro, I can give you an answer. Before I was adopted by Canaria, my old name was Kurokawa Izayoi. And going by what Canaria said in the past, I'm almost certain. Kurokawa Izana....is my brother."