Chapter 22

"This is the charm....from the day we formed our gang."

"Mikey...."

"I didn't create Toman. Baji did. If one of us gets hurt, we'll all protect them. I want a gang that is all for one, one for all. Those were Baji's words and we founded our gang upon those words. I'm sorry.....i'm sorry Baji."

As Izayoi was walking over to Mikey, he saw the members of Toman shedding tears for their fallen comrade. While this happened, he heard the sound of sirens approaching as everyone in the car lot began to run away from the scene. When Izayoi made it to Mikey, he placed his left hand into Mikey's right shoulder.

"Let's go home, Manjiro."

"Okay. Also...thank you, Izayoi."

"What about you, Kazutora?"

"I'm staying with Baji.....you guys go on. This is my fault. I want to take responsibility."

After hearing Kazutora's words, Mikey began to walk away with Izayoi by his side. As Kazutora saw Mikey leaving, he stood up as he began to bow his head.

"Mikey, I won't ask you to forgive me. I'll live my whole life with Shinichiro-kun and Baji's deaths on my shoulders."

Mikey kept moving forward, meanwhile Izayoi nods his head as Toman left. This wasn't the time to look back. All they could do was move forward. As for himself, Izayoi plans on moving forward by telling Mikey the truth.

"October 31st, 2005. Tokyo Manji Gang's 150 vs Valhalla's 300. The victor of this unprecedented conflict was the Tokyo Manji Gang. However, there was one death and one arrest. A tragic end to the battle. This battle was soon known as Bloody Halloween."

~Two Weeks Later~
Mikey was seen in front of Baji's grave as he was paying his respects. As Mikey was standing before the grave, he heard the sound of footsteps approaching him. When he turned around, a small smile appeared on his face.

"So you came to pay your respects too, Daiji-kun."

"Yeah. Despite only meeting briefly and under some certain circumstances, Baji and I got along during the short time we knew each other. Plus, I thought you could use a shoulder to lean on."

As Izayoi said this, he lead Mikey to a nearby bench as they both sat in silence. It was two weeks after Bloody Halloween, yet that event was still fresh on their minds. Soon Izayoi began to break the silence.

"Mikey, i'm so-"

"Thank you, Izayoi."

Izayoi was shocked to hear Mikey thank him. He didn't remember what he did that would make him say that. However, when Mikey looked at him, a small smile was present on his face.

"During Bloody Halloween, after Baji was stabbed, I was going to kill Kazutora. Takemichi's words and him bringing Baji's charm with him helped, but...if you didn't stop me when you did, who knows what might have happened. Also....you got one hell of a punch."

"Heh. You should learn not to underestimate me. After all, all of our fights always ended in a draw."

"Hahaha. But seriously, thank you. I needed someone to smack some sense into me. You were willing to betray me in that one moment, just so you could keep being loyal to Toman and I in the future. Your resolve is definitely stronger than mine. Honestly, it almost feels like I have a brother scolding me when I do wrong."

"While we're on that topic, Mikey, can I tell you about my brother? You've always talked about yours, I thought i'd return the favor."

When Mikey thought about, he realized that Izayoi was right. While Mikey told Izayoi about his brother, he never did hear Izayoi speak about his own. As Mikey agreed to listen to Izayoi, the boy in question took a deep breath.

"Well....for starters, my brother was the founder and leader of his own gang. Though I rarely got to spend some time with him, he always told me how being a delinquent felt so free."

"I see."

"However, he suddenly stopped visiting me. I just thought he was busy with things in his own life. It was only til two weeks ago that I learned he was already dead. He was dead for two years."

Mikey's eyes slowly began to wide. Izayoi's brother was dead for two years. He was a leader and founder of his gang. Mikey could tell that Izayoi wasn't lying. One question was on Mikey's mind. As he looked at Izayoi, he decided to ask him directly.

"Daiji-kun.....what was your brother's name?"

".............Shinichiro. Though it was also recently that I learned his family name. My older brother was Sano Shinichiro."

Silence. A cold silence was present after Izayoi revealed the truth to Mikey. He was nervous about this. He started to think that maybe he shouldn't have revealed that truth to Mikey and just kept it to himself. However, he was surprised to see Mikey standing up and holding back tears.

"Mikey?"

"I see....that's why you reminded me of him so much. No wonder we get along so well."

"Mikey..."

"Heiwajima Izayoi. You've given me more reason to have you at my side when I make a new era for delinquents. Bloody Halloween showed me something. I could stray off the right path if i'm not careful. You alone have the resolve AND strength to stop me when i'm like that. Izayoi, as a frie-......no, as my brother, I have one question. Will you always be there to set me on the right path?"

Izayoi couldn't believe what Mikey said. He just told Mikey that they shared the same brother and he believes him without any doubt. When Izayoi looked at Mikey, he saw the boy hold out his left hand towards him. With a smile on his face, Izayoi held out his own left hand and shook Mikey's.

"Yeah. No matter what, i'll be on your side, keep you on the right path, and help make your dream a reality."

"Then on this day, not only does this oath begin..but so does our bond as brothers. Let's raise some hell in the future, Izayoi."

"Yeah. I'll be right beside you, Manjiro."